Well-known Danes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well-known Danes

I'd be interested to see who of the above persons are known to a wider audience abroad.

You can select all the persons you've heard of before.

Thank you.

None of the above.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Darn, I knew I should've included Monk and Thue for people like Osweld.

Comment

Add 1 to Ellemann-Jensen, I failed to check.

Oh, and I'll never forget Dreyer's Ordet (The Word).

-

Comment

Btw, some people here must have heard of Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen.

-

Comment

Jon Dahl Tomasson

Comment

Scooby-Doo.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

This could turn out interesting. The only ones I'd really expect a generally well-informed foreigner to know the basic stuff about are Hans Chr. Andersen, Kirkegaard and Bohr.

The list is almost exactly like I would have made it, possibly with the addition of composer Carl Nielsen, Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich and relatively well-known football dude (or so I hear) Morten Andersen.
                Last edited by Monk; May 28, 2002, 16:41.

Comment

Andersen. And Bohr rings a bell, though I have no idea who he is.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Came up with the "Copenhagen Interpretation" of QM.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
                      And Bohr rings a bell, though I have no idea who he is.
                      Truancy is a serious problem.

-

Comment

Just as Monk guessed, Kirkegaard, Bohr and H.C. Andersen were the only ones I knew of. I would have recognised Ulrich, but didn't know that he was a Dane...
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Half of them are Winston's mates and wants to see who would claim to know them, in order to demonstrate their far-reaching knowledge
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Dolphin,

I actually suspected this in the case of Anders Lassen. I'm from Denmark but I had to make a google search in order to find out he's an actual, "famous" person.

Comment

Dolphin, you are too clever for us naughty people!

I couldn't scrape together 8 friends if you gave me till Christmas though. Put that in your hat and smoke it. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X