No announcement yet.

MOD: The Ancient Mediterranean MOD 0.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your labels are messed up, make sure that you have the latest version of CIV3 / PTW / C3C and the latest version of TAM. If not, check which version you have, and find the correct LABELS???.TXT file in the TAM\TEXT folder. ??? corresponds to the version of CIV3 that you have. Rename that file to LABELS.TXT after deleting the original LABELS.TXT.

Which map are you referring to? There's a lot less desert than today in the maps already. Also, the game spans from 8000 BC to 500 AD, therefore a compromise has to be met.
    My websites:
    - Ancient History Encyclopedia
    - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
    - What is my search ranking?

Comment

• Great work

Comment

• I've updated the EXE so that it installs to the conquests\conquests folder.
        My websites:

Comment

• Updated to 2.4!
          My websites:

Comment

• This is probably a dumb question but is this the mod that comes with the Conquests Civ content?
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Yes, it is, only that the Conquests one is an "extra-lite" version. This one is the full version.
              My websites:

Comment

• Originally posted by thamis
                Yes, it is, only that the Conquests one is an "extra-lite" version. This one is the full version.
                OK, I have a question.

In the Conquests version you can not enter mountains.

Has that been corrected here?

My son loves this one and he and I want to do a LAN game, but if you cant get into mountains you can accesss the resources and Lux's so it kind of screws things up.
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• It's intended that you cannot enter mountains with certain units. Only archer units and workers can enter mountains. Therefore, you can obtain all the resources (with workers), but mountains pose a natural barrier (unless you built a road across it).

In the ancient times mountains were off limits for armies, and they still are today.
                  My websites:

Comment

• In the Conquests version, I couldn't even get workers into mountains.

I tried it with my son several times.

Ill try your version though and see if it works.

Comment

• Version 2.5 has been finished by Watorrey!
                      My websites:

Comment

• Great

And am I correct in the assumption that since the first post now says "Version 2.5" in the self extract version that the first post is updated?

If you have 2.4 installed how do you install 2.5? Does the self extractor just install over the previous version?

Thanks, this is my favorite mod and my 14 year old loves it too. He and I do LAN games, where we ally and gang up on the AI. Not much of a challenge for me but the 14 year old loves doing it

Comment

• Just install it over the existing version. An automatic installer will come soon.
                          My websites:

Comment

• It is completely self contained and won't overwrite any of the 2.4 files and will work from the conquests OR the scenarios folder.

CHANGES FROM TAM 2.4:

- ANIMATED LEADERHEADS!!!
                            - New civ for a total of 31 playable: Massagetae
                            - Will work from either ..\Conquests\Conquests OR ..\Conquests\Scenarios\ folder
                            - Includes additional Conquests difficulty levels
                            - Removed building prerequisites and maintenance from civ specific wonders
                            - Redistributed starting techs according to civ abilities
                            - 1st tier techs above Ancient Age cannot be traded
                            - Random maps do not show place names
                            - Random maps deal with marsh/swamp better
                            - Macedonia & Persia have unit producing wonders
                            - Completely rebalanced goverments
                            - Most buildings and techs now have unique civilopedia & city screen images
                            - Tech rate bug workaround for premade maps
                            - Enslaved worker graphics
                            - Settlers, Gothic Settlers, Scouts no longer require support.
                            - Build both chariot & horseman class units (no forced upgrade to horseman)
                            - Many new flavor units
                            - More accurate civilopedia
                            - No pink civs!
                            [c3c] 1.22(f?)
                            For better barbarians, add NoAIPatrol=0 to conquests.ini (see this thread )

Comment

• Update to the main page. Please donate for the bandwidth that's being used by this huge mod.
                              My websites:

Comment

• OK ANother question.

I have Conquests 1.22, I self extracted to the //..... conquests/conquests folder.

And I CAN NOT start a MP game?

I can see the rest of the conquests and the other scenarios, but TAM doesn't show up in the MP screens.

Im playing over a LAN with my son so its not some lkind of internet or connectivity issue.

HELP! My 14 year old loves this scenario and wants to MP it with his old man

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X