MOD: The Ancient Mediterranean MOD 0.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realn:

Which title screen do you mean, now? The one with Alexander & Darius or the Embarkation of the Q. of Sheba? They're still both there, the Q.o.S. is just the default now.

citoloco:

Crashes to desktop usually mean that there's a file missing. If the MOD is installed correctly and completely, it souldn't happen. Try re-installing the FULL download mod.
    My websites:
    - Ancient History Encyclopedia
    - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
    - What is my search ranking?

Comment

for some reason i keep getting an error message when i try to start a game/load a game/load a scenario. this is it:
      Attached Files
      DEVM SVM
      I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
      Roma Invicta

Comment

btw, im trying to create a mod that is very similar to yours, in that it is all ancient/european. the only difference being that i want it to be Rome based. That is, I only ever play as Rome, and it is my interest in history, so I want to make a mod that makes all wonders and imrovements and what have you more or less Roman. And I wanted to have a lot of Roman unique units. Anyway, seeing what youve done, I was wondering if you could give any advice for starting such a behemoth project. Thanks.
        DEVM SVM
        I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
        Roma Invicta

Comment

Barfus:

You're using Civ III v. 1.29f. Sorry I forgot to post here, but Isak made a patch, check the first page of this thread to download it. It should solve the problem.

And, BTW, also check on CivFanatics when you have such a fatal problem, that thread is more frequented.

About the Roman thing:

Take what I made (this MOD) and make a scenario for it. There you can put in additional units, wonders, etc. If you have graphics for them, I'll include them in the MOD as well.
          My websites:

Comment

ok, thanks. ill try that patch....

about my RomeMOD as it were, what im doing is using your mod as a template, and building mine from scratch. Just because that way ill know whats been done and what needs work etc. I more or less used your tech tree, with some alterations for how i think it should be set up. Next, I plan on creating units. im not sure about the whole unit creation thing, past what can be done in the editor.. So, if you could give me a quick run down on the process, it would be much appreciated. I only need to know, what exactly do i have to put in the file structure to get it to use new units' art etc....thanks again!

btw- im using norms giga map of europe, instead of the map you had with yours. this also, im editing a little bit to suit my tastes. i plan to give credit everywhere its due!
            DEVM SVM
            Roma Invicta

Comment

Addendum

I wanted to point out that ill also be using your civ city lists for the most part. those are really great, especially the strange ones like goths and dacians. where did you find these lists?
              DEVM SVM
              Roma Invicta

Comment

Well, the Goth "city" list is from Jordanes who wrote down the Goth saga in 551 AD. Most of these cities aren't cities at all but tribes that were allied with the Goths or conquered by them. Then, in the later list, there are a few cities that they conquered - you'll notice the Greek or Roman names.

The Dacian list I got from a website. They didn't have too many big cities, but fortresses with a name.

The Scythians will be re-done. Most names are not Scythian but either Greek or Russian and they name known Scythian burial mounds.

The Germanic Tribes cities just name different tribes.
                My websites:

Comment

I figured it was something like that. But kudos on the effort nevertheless.

In case anyone is interested, the goverments, though not completely fleshed out, are as follows:

Chieftanate (default start gov)
                  Despotism (early warmongering gov)
                  Oligarchy (early cultural gov, more universal name than Thing Law)
                  Monarchy (mid-game warmongering gov)
                  Democracy (mid-game cultural gov)
                  Republic (mid-game trade gov)
                  Principate (gov for medium sized empires)
                  Dominate (gov for large sized empires)
                  Feudal Monarchy (adv warmongering gov)

Past what Ive written here, there isnt much more information on any of these. In the end, one or two may be dropped and others added. Like I said, I still have to flesh out a lot of these governments. For bonuses and levels and so forth.
                  DEVM SVM
                  Roma Invicta

Comment

Ahh
                    I like those Government names. Sounds more...BETTER! Why didnt your use my Theocracy??? Another is that you might want to change the democracy to direct democracy. I dont understand Principate and Dominate. Well goodluck on the RomeMOD.

Thamis,
                    You might want to still check out my Website and the Alexander one too. They might have some units you might not have, heh. I am not sure if you have this one but, the greek peltast is good. Found at alexander one. I given up making my Medmod. The webmaking is much funner and since noone else has something like it.

www.geocities.com/holynight07 Mediterranean Zone
                    www.geocities.com/civ3alexander Alexander the Great Scenario

The only thing I did was the techtree. If your interested email me.
                    Apart from the known and the unknown, what else is there?

Comment

Realn:

Yea, I check your site quite often. I already have all those units. Do you think we really need more governments?

Also, Oligarchy and Thing Law are quite different. Oligarchy is closer to Monarchy (just that it's a few people ruling), whereas Thing Law is closer to a "Local Democracy".

I'm using pretty much any unit Kryten brings out - they're soo good!
                      My websites:

Comment

i was gonna use theocracy, but it sounded too limiting. oligarchy was a vague enough term for the era and place on the tech tree that i wanted. theocracies histoprically happened in early antiquity (sumer, babylon, egypt). Later theocracy wasnt so rigorous as it was. the era it appears in the game just didnt fit for "discovering" it at that time.

principate and dominate are basically two roman styles of imperial monarchy. if it was possible, id make it so that only rome can use these governments, but theres nothing i can do about it. like i said, this mod is intended for people who only want to play rome, so im making govs, and UUs for Rome mostly.
                        DEVM SVM
                        Roma Invicta

Comment

Questions for the next update:

Should I use more generic unit names (i.e. "Elite Cavalry" instead of "Hetairoi Cavalry")? This way the unit can be used as a UU for more than one civilization (in this example it would be Macedonia, Lydia and Iberia).

Mac users out there: Is there anyone who could write the play.bat to work with the Mac? Can anyone make an Installer for the Mac?
                          My websites:

Comment

Excellent work thamis. I take my hat off to you.
                            I have just downloaded it and it looks great but I have a question.
                            How do you play on the map that is included? The game seems to have generated a map that has nothing to do with the Med .

Comment

Justinian:

Load Scenario and then chose Ancient Mediterranean.

I'm glad you like the MOD, and soon you'll like it even more. We'll have a big update soon. :-)
                              My websites:

Comment

Cheers thamis.
                                Look forward to the update.
                                kutgw

Comment

Working...
                                X