MOD: The Ancient Mediterranean MOD 0.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Thamis

This is about the Thing Law again. I heard that it was called Dane Law instead when I referred to a government used by the Germans, Goths and Vikings. Just commenting.
    Apart from the known and the unknown, what else is there?

Comment

Troubles with the MOD

I have some problems of compatibility with the MOD, It seems that the program reject the scenario. Is the MOD compatible with the latest modified patch of Myth 1.21f?
      Here my little participation to a special unit for the Dacian nation :
      I have looked in the Army list of the wargame called De Bellis Miltitudinis and I found an interesting comment from the authors "The part of the Army that made most impression on Romans minds were the Dacians and Bastarnae armed with the falx, a murderous curved blade on along haft swung 2-handed and probably identical to the Thracian rhomphaia".
      The Falxmen are classified as irregular blade and can be considered as the shock troops of Dacian Army.

Comment

Indian Civilization?

May be you can include the indian nation, after all the persian had a lot of influence over them for a time until 500 BC and later they were on the path of alexander. That is where he gets his elephants.
        I haven't seen your map yet so I do not know if it technically possible.
        The best indian troops were of course the elephants but also the chariots (4 horses and 3 to 6 crew) and archers equipped wit bamboo longbow and 2-handed sword. the classical Indian period ranged from 500 BC to 545 AD.
        PS : I have some time and I would like to create a scenario on the punic wars with your MOD but I know nothing to game editing yet.

Comment

Theocracy

Here is Theocracy government civilopedia:

Theocracy

You control your people as a Minister or Priest. Your power over the people is very focused on citizen moods. Under Theocracy the people, for religious reasons, pay the maintenance of the buildings. Corruption is low because of the strict order, but there is little creativity and therefore little progress in new beliefs, science research.

Worker efficiency 100%
          Hurry Method Forced Labor
          Corruption / Waste Problematic
          Draft Rate 1
          Military Police Limit 3
          Unit Support
          per town 1
          per city 2
          per metropolis 4
          In addition, any city production square, which produces more than two food, shields, or commerce in a Theocratic government, instead produces one less.

Theocracy
          Leaders controlled their people as a Minister or priest. Theocracy is centered on religion. The people believe in God as ruler and a middleman to order what God wants. The power over the people of a Duke or Priest is very focused on citizen moods. It is law for a citizen to be happy. Also corruption is low because of the strict order. Everyone believes and thinks that everything that the government does is right. It is a good government because people were happy and war could be easily entered. Although the strict order had disadvantages, new believes were always put down and never considered. The people that did try this were fined for telling the truth of a discovery (Galileo Galilei). Earlier European powers took over this governmental power but eventually fell in the renaissance (Roman Catholic Church). Slaves were very common in ancient Theocracies like Egypt and the Arab Kingdoms. This was because Religions did not consider other people much. Mostly there was lots of guards for the leaders or priests for Theocracy. It was for respect on giving priest protection as if these peoples were gate to God. This government was very good for some people (Arabs) and sometimes not so good (Europe).

The download is some folders of the Civ3Mod and Civ 3 Civilopedia. Yes they are your MOD version 3.5 with only governmental changes. Hope you find useful!
          Attached Files

Comment

syl33:

What problems are you experiencing? The MOD works with 1.21f only. I haven't tried it with 1.17f but from my logic it cannot work, because the BIC format was changed between the patches, I think. You have to unzip it to your CIV3 folder, so that you have a sub-folder named "Ancient Mediterranean". In there you launch the link "!!! Play Anc.... !!!" or "play.bat"

If you want to make a Scenario, please do so. I'll be glad to help you. Send me an eMail if you like (jan.vandercrabben@web.de).

It may be that Thing Law was named Dane Law. I'm not native English, so I don't know. But Dane Law somehow sounds too... well... Danish? ;-) I'll look it up.

I'll include the Falxmen.

India... Well, maybe I'll do an "Ancient" (without Med) MOD, there I'll include them. Tell me leader & city names and I can put them in.

Realn:
            Thanks for Theocracy. It'll be included in the next update!
            My websites:
            - Ancient History Encyclopedia
            - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
            - What is my search ranking?

Comment

Civilopedia

Thamis,

I have noticed that most of your civilopedia isn’t complete. I wanted to know, if anyone else has done it yet, if I can do it. I will send little documents each day to you for civilopedia if you don’t mind. You don’t have to use all my documents but a lot of them might be useful to you. You will have options.

Realn

Comment

MOD Problems

I manage to run your MOD but the tech tree is not properly displayed! Some box are displayed at the upper left part of the screen and the red arrows seems to be the ones of the original game.
                After few seconds of editing your scenario with civ3editor this one crash!

Comment

Realn:

Yea, beam it up Scotty!

No, seriously, I appreciate any contribution (you don't even have to ask!)!

syl33:

Yea, sorry about the tech tree. I haven't worked on it yet because it's a pain in the a... butt. I will eventually complete it, of course, but until then you can find the tech tree on CivFanatics. I posted a link to it on the first page of this thread.

The editor crash has nothing to do with me.

Are you using the fixed international editor? That might be the problem. You should be able to find it in the files forum. I know it's on CivFanatics, don't know about Apolyton.
                  My websites:

Comment

Here's a link to the international hacked 1.21f editor:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/Civ3EditNonOS.zip

You might want to use it if you want to make scenarios for this MOD.

Note: Do not edit the civ3mod.bic file!

If you want to make scenarios, you have to either run the MOD (leave civ3 open) and then open the editor or install the mod permanently (by copying the folder structure of /civ3/Ancient Mediterranean/ to /civ3/. Both ways the editor will automatically work with the new tech tree, new resources, graphics, etc.
                    My websites:

Comment

For the next two weeks there will be neither support nor updates, because I'm going to become very "uncivilized" and hike & camp in the Icelandic wilderness.

I will come back to all questions and problems as soon as I'm back, of course!
                      My websites:

Comment

Thanks to realn there's a new update. Check the main page!
                        My websites:

Comment

I feel kind of silly saying this but in the Update 3.4 (which I just got 3.6 since about 2.9 something) the Title screen is way better. It is a piece of art. Well just to say Thanks to Thamis for replacing the old title screen ( That one was scary) and the person that created the picture.

This is the most completely different MOD I have seen and best. Now is just needs a little more but that can wait.
                          Last edited by realn; July 5, 2002, 22:26.

Comment

Help, I seem to be randomly crashing to desktop after installing this mod. Are there any general text or preference issues that I should address to avoid this problem? I'm not getting any error messages, just crashing... =(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
                            James

Comment

Originally posted by Rosacrux
                              Kramerman

Cataphracts (Greek for "all sealed" meaned "all armoured") have absolutely nothing to do with Alexander's cavalry.

The cataphracts were introduced into the Seleukid army in the Hellenistic era. They were very heavy armoured cavalry - both the rider and the horse. They were slow and got teared apart many'o'times because of their lack of maneuvering ability and speed.
                              Well, are you sure? I read somewhere that Cataphracts (with both man and horse armoured) were already used in Persian times. Part of Alexander´s army were also Thessalian heayvy cavalry units, sometimes they use the term "cataphracts" also for them- maybe it is a problem of definition, it seems that some authors use this term for heavy cavalry in general.

OTOH, its never used for the Hetaroi, but according to my books they were at least as heavily armoured as the normal hoplite (helmet, big round shield, body armour).
                              Blah

Comment

Ah, thank you BeBro, I had thought I had read somewhere cataphracts were used by Alexander, but that other guy seemed so sure that they weren't. Either way we all agree that they were well armed and armored cavalry used in ancient times.

Kman
                                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X