Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Moderator, I think it would be nice if . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Moderator, I think it would be nice if . . . .

It seems like I used to know how to find out who was the moderator, but now I don't know, so maybe this post will work.

It seems that every week or so there are new posts asking these same two questions.

1) Whats with this "Unsupported Processor" thing?

2) Where can I buy SMAX?

It would make sense to me to "Top" threads dealing with those two questions so that people could easily find those answers, such as they are, instead of having to work up the courage to ask them and wait for someone to answer them for the nth time.

If you had to "unTop" things to make up for it, I for one wouldn't miss the threads about Twilight of the Mind and Dragon Sun.

What would probably be better would be to expand on your idea and create one SMAC/X FAQ thread stuck to the top of the boards, dealing with all the usual questions: SMAX availability, processor bugs, custom faction freezes, sound blips, etc, as well as URLs to patches and various cutomization. The FAQ thread could also answer questions by just re-directing them to another archived thread on the boards. If someone would take the time to draft such a thread and see if everything is kosher with the mods...

Me, I would but I'm on the verge of collapse, what with staying up all night on a crazed playtesting trip and a billion different tweaks trying to "balance" my blasted Nautilus Mercantile faction...
    "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

Yeah, that'd be good - though Markos and Dan have long-since forgotten about this place, and Solver....well, he has as well.

(that'll make them show up)
      We're back!
      http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Not at all fair, Mark. MarkG started this thread :

I suppose in response to this thread. Only thing is, it is not yet 'topped'.

edit: changed link per MarkG's request
        Last edited by Mongoose; May 26, 2002, 00:42.

Comment

Hmmm. Maybe I should post a 'How To Look Stupid 101' instead.

(sorry Markos)
          We're back!
          http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

indeed, the thread was created in response to this thread.

please use it as it is described

btw, please stop using the ip address (64.246.32.51) to access the site. use apolyton.net instead
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No idea why that's like that, Mark. I copy/pasted the thread
              address.

Why is it an issue?

Comment

I got the ball rolling with a dozen Q/A off the top of my head in the FAQ thread. More to come as they occur to me.
                "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

I guess it's an issue because the IP might change (if for example apolyton changed servers) but apolyton.net will always be valid.

Comment

That makes sense. *shrug* I never thought of it. I bookmarked that when the server moved...somethinng about apolyton.net not being correlated to the proper IP until the following week...I dunno. It worked, so I used it. No harm intended.

Comment

There is one common answer to all SMAC/X FAQs:

It depends.
                      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
                      X