Idea for very useful Utility program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for very useful Utility program

Would it be possible for someone to create a Util to make basic 2-D civ2 style unit graphics for civ3, starting from a single image?

E.G You get this one image, the util imports it and copies it for all the directions of the flic file, maybe flipped left and right in places, then repacks the thing as a new civ3 unit graphic file. The util could maybe even create the civlopedia graphics also.

Of course the units would look bad compared to civ3 style, but it would let people make units much much easier, so that scenarios etc can have the right look and variety that the designers want.

Well thanks for reading this, what do you think?

VERY good idea, especially for the graphical handicaped (like me) this would be great!

Comment

I find the whole unit making process quite hard work, unlike civ2 which was a simple copy and paste. I would code something like this myself if I knew how.

Comment

Hola Daftpanzer.

I think something like that has already been made... perhaps I'm wrong, but I think I remember seeing something like that in the file list.

Comment

there is the FLICster, not sure what it does exactly.
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Hi Trip been to the secret forum much recently?

yeah ive got FLICster program, its good, lets yout est out the different civ colours and shadow effect on the unit, but it involves unpacking and exporting the graphics as a PCX file, editing all the PCX and then re-packing the PCX into a new civ3 animation file thing. Ive been able to use it okay, but for what I want to try out (simple graphics) it is just too time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Daftpanzer
              Hi Trip been to the secret forum much recently?
              Yes, but only when a good topic pops up (which is rare due to the fact that only about 5 people actually frequent that forum).

As for the utility... if I had the time to do such things, then I would. However, I have some important tests to take care of (AP tests to get out of a year of college classes ), so I might look into it once summer comes around.

Comment

Trip, what are AP tests? not heard of them here in the UK. I am in my first year at university, just done a load of assignment work. I messed up my maths assignment, probably have to re-do it over summer, oh well. Maths test tommorrow for me ( yay ) at least after that i am done till september.

Comment

Advanced Placement. They are college level courses you take in your final year of high school, and if you do well on them (for the uni I'm going to, if you get a 4 or a 5, on a scale of 1 to 5), then you can get college credit for an entire year, which is very neat.

I have to take a math placement assessment over the summer though, directly for my uni to see how good I am at math. Hopefully I can do well, and get out of freshman level english, history, chemistry, and math before I've even started.

Comment

Well, good luck in those tests trip

I had my maths test on friday which went ok. It was multiple choice, so it was quite easy really.

PS ... Im still appreciating input about this idea anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                      Advanced Placement. They are college level courses you take in your final year of high school, and if you do well on them (for the uni I'm going to, if you get a 4 or a 5, on a scale of 1 to 5), then you can get college credit for an entire year, which is very neat.

I have to take a math placement assessment over the summer though, directly for my uni to see how good I am at math. Hopefully I can do well, and get out of freshman level english, history, chemistry, and math before I've even started.
                      You'll still have to take Chem lab.

I started college with 15 credits.

Comment

Working...
                      X