Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCC (One City Challenge) in MOM (Master Of Magic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC (One City Challenge) in MOM (Master Of Magic)

Just finished my first try of OCC on MOM

Normal difficulty (due to inexperience of OCC on MOM)
    Small land (the same)
    Three opponents (the same)
    Normal nodes.

Custom wiz:
    - Famous (to get fame for reduced army costs & to attract heroes)
    - Mana focusing (to increase mana production)
    - 8 books of life magic (just cause, guardian spirit, prosperity, inspirations, stream of life)

Race: high elves

The game turn out to be easier than I thought. At least on that point where I got those three neat city spells (prosperity, inspirations & stream of life) - tax rate to maximum, and gold was just coming to me. The other wizards were not in my taste - all of them were death magic users, so they didn't like me very much.

The way to go is conquer - forget the spell of mastery - unless you want to play for a decade Things needed to do (not in order):
    1) Get a killer stack (4-6 heroes, a few elven lords & longbowmen) Jaer the wind mage and Spyder the rogue are good heroes to have.
    2) Get as many nodes as you can and meld them.
    3) Kill everything in sight - don't mind the fame losses from razing cities - you'll get some more fame from other battles (monsters, towers, nodes, ect.).

Please, feel free to share your experiences from OCC on MOM
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Is is still considered OCC if you capture enemy cities, or do you have to raze them?
    "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Little
      Is is still considered OCC if you capture enemy cities, or do you have to raze them?
      You have to Raze them otherwise you have more than 1 city.

And I think I'll try this.

I could probably win very easily if I'm thinking correctly.
      Will let you know.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've done many OCCs in MoM before, most of the times with mixed spell book settings though. Can't send monocoloured games, they're so boring... I prefer a good mix of nature, chaos and wizardry, without any political confession as to being pro-death or pro-life. I prefer athe node mastery ability as well, pretty effective.

Comment

most of the times I play Curunir games... choose a setting like that, start of using the pic of Merlin and calling myself Curunir, then naming the first city Isengard. unbeatable

(or should that be Angrenost once we're at old names? )

Comment

A Curunir game? What is that? The name curunir does not sound familiar.

And does the naming your city Isengard make you unbeatable? How extraordinary easter-egg (in which I don't currently believe in).

Comment

Just started another OCC on MOM.... on hard this time

Custom wiz: Myrran and node master
              2 chaos, 3 nature, 2 sorcery
              Dark elves...

It is really surprising how well the experienced spearmen of dark elves clear out lairs, towers and nodes ... 8x3 magical hit with +10% to hit is quite well for a basic unit.
              Last edited by aaglo; May 17, 2002, 05:03.

Comment

Just started and finished an OCC game on Hard difficulty, in about an hour and a half.

2 life-healing
                2 nature-web
                5-sorcery-PW, guardina Wind, Dispel Magic True, Confusion

Artificer and Runemaster.

Immediately start to build a +1 sword for 38 MP.
                When complete-Break it for 75 MP
                Repeat with +2,+3 etc, etc
                Take first hero no matter what it is.

If melee hero make axe with- +6 to attack,+2 to hit, stoning and Magic Immunity

after this make plate armor

+6 defense, +3 movement, Guardian Wind and Endurance.

next make Misc magic item (helm)

+4 attack, +2or +3 to hit, Flight, Invisibility.

Go forth and Conquer.

Actually once you get all the equipment the only thing you really have to worry about is Nature wizards with Web and Cracks Call.
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Curunir is the actual name of who is called Saruman in middle earth

Comment

I think I'll have to give this a shot. I have misgivings,though. With one city, the problem isn't money, it's FOOD. every unit had better be darn good to justify the food point he's eating, and that always takes from your production.

since you have to raze every city, halflings are not a really good choice since you can't build engineers. the only way to get roads is to hope for mercs.
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

May be the easiest way to win this is with the invulnerable guardian spirit strat .... Pick 11 books Life, Invulnerability and Plane Shift. Then summon guardian spirits and cast endurance and invulnerability on them and go hunt the other wizards as soon as possible ....
                      If fighting against chaos you may need to cast bless too
                      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

what i do is go for summon champion. you only need 1 to take out the hard nodes. attack needs to be greater than 18 for sky drakes. usually, i go for the missile guys.

the key vs wizards is that if you have spell lock, it is dispelled if the enemy uses disenchant area. so, on your turn, recast it.

otherwise, i hear that if you pick 4 sorcery books and put flight/invisibility on an item, it cannot be dispelled.

Comment

Suggested rules:

- Max one hero in a stack
                          - Certain spoilers not allowed: Heroism, Web, Incarnation & Magic Spirit (for exploration, may still be used for melding).
                          - No fake attacks to drain mana from the opponent or halt an advancing army
                          - No Strategic Combat
                          - You can't Plane Shift Magic/Guardian Spirits into defended nodes on the other plane

Also, how about ESoM games?
                          Last edited by Sore Loser; September 10, 2003, 07:22.

Comment

it's easy... play either all black and fvck them with wraiths or play all white and fvck them with the chosen one

Comment

Working...
                            X