About City Walls And Fortifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About City Walls And Fortifications

some units have ability "ignore city walls".
    does this apply to fortifications?

I mean to say that: do units inside fortifications
    lose the fortification bonus if "ignore city walls"-kind
    of unit attacks them?

(and by "fortifications" I mean the terrain improvement.)
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

No, their fortification bonus is unaffected. It's only the city wall bonus that doesn't count. Though I suspect that a unit that ignores city walls is going to make mincemeat anyway.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Fortifications are not affected, as finbar points out. Your unit does not need to be fortified, just standing there will do. They have no effect against air units, tho.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Off topic:

Marquis, what is "tho"?
        Some abbreviation?
        Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

ST - tho = though

The SGs well into the third red
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq
              Fortifications are not affected, as finbar points out. Your unit does not need to be fortified, just standing there will do. They have no effect against air units, tho.
              So wouldn't you want to fortify them anyway in case the air unit comes along?
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Andemagne, do you know this thread?
                Info: Combat (GL)
                Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Originally posted by rah

I was wondering about that.
                  " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                  "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
                    Andemagne, do you know this thread?
                    Info: Combat (GL)
                    well, now I do. thanx. a lot!.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      Certainly! But it's good to know in some situations. You might have the choice of attacking a unit or sitting and waiting to be attacked. Knowing that your defense value is the same whether fortified or not can help you decide - at risk of that air unit showing up, of course.

It's also good practice to fortify any units behind city walls, in case a diplo/spy tears them down.
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

It's also good practice to fortify any units behind city walls, in case a diplo/spy tears them down.
                        I always fortify in cities. But, I will sleep one offensive unit so it will alert me if something wanders up to the city. Later in the game, you may miss it.

RAH
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X