Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

The Super Apolyton Pack! has been uploaded to my site.

Current Version 9th May 2002:
    The current version is V2.0 and is a complete overhaul of V1.02's AI engine. It contains 12 months worth of updates, discoveries and SLIC. Most notably it contains nearly every Cradle and World At War AI enhancement.

If you are running V1.02 you only need to download the texts.zip file from my website, otherwise you'll need all 6 files.

Download site:

Please read the readme.txt first.

The Fan's Unofficial CTP2 Patch!

Play CTP2 the way it should be....
    Attached Files

URGENT BUG FIXS:

Two critical bugs have been found where the AI builds hardly any sea transport, and the game finishes after 600 turns (I used WAW's const.txt for AP2). This restricts the AI massively on anything other than large land mass maps. An update has been made, and now the AI loves to build sea transports. This now allows the AI to:

- explore the map.
    - make contact with other civs.
    - move troops from land mass to land mass.
    - settle on more than one island.
    - engage in naval battles (I saw purple pitch 4 fire triremes against orange's main fleet of 5 fire tri's and win).

"I've already downloaded the new V2.0 Apolyton Pack?"

If you have already downloaded the V2.0 Apolyton Pack, please download the attached 8kb file.

"I haven't downloaded the new version yet, after downloading it do I then need to use this bugfix?"

No, if you haven't downloaded V2.0 AP you only need to download the website version, which has been updated to include this bugfix.

Dale
    Attached Files

Comment

Maybe you like to do some more bug fixes:

I made a small *.zip file. It contains:

The fixed scenarioeditor.ldl for the German setup.

I added for both language versions player1's fixed battleview.ldl.

I fixed some Civ names in the German version.

And finally I added the latest version of the New City Capture Option v.1.4.

The last think required a little bit of work with the Strings. I removed the APOL_slicstrings.txt from the APOL_strings.txt import list in the English version and added all the necessary strings to the APOL_main_str.txt. I did not included the DIPLOMOD_START_TITLE, DIPLOMOD_START and all the GOV_SELECT strings as these ones are WAW strings and not used in ApolytonPack, obviously.

-Martin
      Attached Files
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

After many hours on the original Mod, I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Thanks Dale (and others who assisted)!
        "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Dale. I played the 1.2 version, and it was very good. So this new version should be a lot of fun. . .

Comment

Martin:

Thanks heaps for that! Website updated to include new fixes in "texts.zip". Sorry mate, but I had to make a couple of grammar changes to the English strings for KillCityOption.

If you've already downloaded AP 2.0, then just update with texts.zip from the website. Otherwise, enjoy.

TheArsenal & Leonidas:

Hope you guys enjoy it. It's all about the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
              Sorry mate, but I had to make a couple of grammar changes to the English strings for KillCityOption.
              Actual you are the first one who cared. Just copied it to my stand alone version.

Very interesting is that no one noticed that I forgot to translate one word. Fortunatly it hadn't any deep inpact on the meaning. Another interesting thing is that you didn't like Ben's addition. But I agree with the replacement of the string for the Disband-Button, I replaced it now with some more meaning in it for the German version, here is the string i case you want to change it:

EVACUATE "Umsiedeln"

Alternatively you can welcome the citizens and their city into your Empire."
              Another thing for the English version is that the advisor should speak about "our Empire" and not about "your Empire". You have to consider that he is also a part of this Empire and the text started already with "we". In the sentence above it is ok that it starts with "you", because it only the decision of the leader and not the decision of a whole group of people.

So far I don't think this two small corrections aren't worth another update but I am shure the time will come when an update is needed.

-Martin

Comment

Goooood news, Dale!

I can hardly wait to get home and try the new version!

But I have a question: do I have to start a new game or can I load my saved Apolyton Pack game upon installing texts.zip?
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                  Goooood news, Dale!
                  But I have a question: do I have to start a new game or can I load my saved Apolyton Pack game upon installing texts.zip?
                  Dale didn't add any new terrains, tile improvements, wonders, techs, goods, buildings...just new slic files.

Therefore just install the update, load your save game and open the chat window by typing the apostrophe (') and enter /reloadslic

That's all and have fun.

-Martin

PS: Maybe it is better for the challenge to start a new game or at least to start from the beginning again to give the AI a bigger chance to be a problem. The later suggestion would be interesting to compare the AI before upgrading and afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                    Goooood news, Dale!

I can hardly wait to get home and try the new version!

Martin's got it right there, you don't need to start a new game just reload slic. But for the sake of fairness (a lot of the new slic relates to improving the AI's strategies and unit builds) I'd suggest a new game from the beginning.

Comment

OK I found another thing that should be in every mod as I was on Civfanatics and read your WAW thread: A code that prevents every player from pillaging tile improvements without any owner. If you try ro pillage an tile improvement that doesn't belong to one Civ the game will crash. Actual no fix but better a crash without any warning. I put the necessary code into the APOL_slics.slc. To install it just overwrite the file in the ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder with the version included the *.zip file in the attachment.

-Martin
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks very much Martin, its little things like this that can make a big difference. I'll download it as soon as i can get to my harddrive!
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Erm... I can't install the zip file. WinZip keeps telling me that the file is not a valid zip file. I'll try to download it again, maybe the download was corrupted on the first try. I wonder if someone has this problem too...

Comment

Never mind the above post. I managed to install the update and started a new game last night. I did not have much time to play, though.

One weird thing: I started the game with two settlers (playing as Romans, Medium difficulty and standard map); the first one moved ok, but the second one would not accept my movement orders. When I moved it north, for instance, on the next turn he automatically moved south! That was the only bug I could find.

More later.

Comment

Got the same problem. Downloaded texts.zip twice but each time it told me it was an invalid zip.

Comment

Working...
                              X