No announcement yet.

MoM: What your favorite Magic type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I invariably end up with a 1x countermagic in my artificer staff.

Sweet!
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Heck... i have to try this...
      Retorts: artificier, runemaster
      books: 1 nature, 1 chaos, the rest goes to sorcery.

start making mana with create artifact & cash in the anvil
      create staff with -4 spell save & 4xConfusion
      create misc. item with flight, invisibility, move +3 and -3 spell save
      And remember to get the first spellcaster coming your way.

This guy could clear out tough nodes all by him/herself. Well, not those infested by blue dragons (they are immune to illusions -> they can see you).

But the death creatures couldn't be fooled with this...
      I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

That's nice as well. I think artificer is close to overpowered. It allows you various magic bonuses on your heroes that can't be dispelled, and you get two great early trading spells that the AI will exchange most everything for but still doesn't ever use.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Yes, but still you lose one pic on the artificer-retort. Artificer gives only 50%reduction, thus you cannot make mana with that...

But yes, the games get pretty boring, when you have no lack of mana. But propably the only drawback of this kind of mana-making is, that in the early stages when you are creating items, you cannot cast anything else (which could be useful to you in that moment). But that really isn't even a drawback

Comment

It'd be totally wicked if it didn't even cost a pic, wouldn't it?

I dunno, I'm just sold on artificer. It enables me to turn out artifacts just about the time I need them - when my heroes are begining to be strong enough to go on their own, but aren't yeat strong enough to take on the fat critters or big towns all by themselves. A set of nice, strong and quick arties help out mucho by then.

And the early spell trading is important. Soon enough everybody's at war with you and then their's no trading at all any longer.

Comment

Something buggy about my MOM... I made artifacts with hasted-flying-invisible... but the heroes using these artifacts didn't become invisible... well, they did (the AI didn't/couldn't use their ranged attacs) but the AI allways moved towards my invisible heroes (the heroes weren't invisible in the battlemap).
              And the AI could cast spells against those heroes too... how strange...
              Actually, when you attack, the AI always 'see' the spot where your first critter appears. You can bring a single invisible unit to attack a town. The AI will attack it as long as it doesn't move. Thus you can take an invisible hero, wait for all the hand-to hand enemy units to move out of the walls, then take them out one by one just by stepping aside.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Nah, that'd be cheatin'.

Comment

you can take an invisible hero, wait for all the hand-to hand enemy units to move out of the walls, then take them out one by one just by stepping aside.
                  In my experience, the AI units will virtually never move outside the walls; the only exceptions I can remember were when I cast Call Lightning or Magic Vortex. If you want to attack them, you have to come to the gate yourself.

One amusing sidelight of the AI vs. invisible units is that even though it can only see you (to attack and cast spells) if it has a unit adjacent, it always knows where to case Earth to Mud. I've often seen it case that spell at the spot where my invisible hero is, even after I've moved him.
                  "THE" plus "IRS" makes "THEIRS". Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Shame the AI never seems to cast True Sight on it's units. Probably considers it unneccessary, since it knows darn well where you are anyway...

Comment

Does anyone else have the problem of local disenchant spells making the machine freeze?

Comment

Oh, there are a lot of bugs that will occasionaly freeze the game. I get the best results playing off a nice, clean boot disk. And save ever so often, of course.

But sometimes I can play for hours without a glitch. Don't really know why.

Comment

About the 'disenchant area' or 'disenchant true' spells in combat. I have cast this spell a couple of times, and sometimes it dispells the positive enhancements (heroism, lionheart, ect.) from my units!!! This is not right, I say!!!

Comment

I don't know about disenchant true, but if you're gonna wield disenchant area around, it sure stands to reason your own units are afected unless your careful.

Comment

Okay I looked for it...

11 death books plus wraiths, game over. Never lost a game with that combo. Once that first pack of wraiths shows up, all bow down and serve the dark lord.

Don't play that combo much, too easy.

11 life books and just about any city special is also very powerful.

Comment

All magic types, if you pick 11 books in them are too much of an advantage.
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X