Question about diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about diplomacy

I'm sure this would've been asked before, and it's a logical thing to assume. But after the CTP2 diplomacy stuffup I'm not assuming anything anymore. Here's my question..........

Will the AI conduct diplomacy with another AI nation?

The reasons I ask.....
    - I want AI's to gang up on me.
    - I want AI's to swap techs/gold/maps/whatever all the time.
    - I want TRUE global politics, not just Human-AI politics.
    - I want AI's to make alliances against me (like the CivII three nations ganging up on me thing).

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

I was wondering the same thing!!! I think that other AI can swap maps or trade resources just like you do to the AI. So my guess is yes, it happened in CTPI and CTPII, so why not happen in CivIII!!! But some feedback would be nice, to confirm that it does happen!!!

Good Question Dale!!!
    "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
    "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Java:
      Actually, CTP2 didn't have AI-AI diplomacy. I wrote the Diplomacy Mod for the game to actually create it. However, it's still very rare for an AI-AI alliance/treaty in CTP2 even after my Mod. I couldn't change that.

------------------
      Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Well if Civ2 had Ai-AI diplomacy (and it did), it gotta be a certainty that Civ3 will

Comment

Either way, i would like to have an AI to AI diplomacy in the game. That makes the game more interesting to play. That is actually a good idea to modify the file to allow the AI to make alliances or treaties with each other. Even though it would be rare, it would still be fun if they did alli each other!

Thanks for the idea Dale!!!

But I still want someone to confirm that that AI to AI diplomacy is really in the game!
          "What is the Matrix?" -Neo
          "The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth." -Morpheus [The Matrix]

Comment

Well Civ2 had it and it should be in Civ3... more htan just ganging up the AI should be able to decide a course of action that will take 2 things into account:
            1.Self preservation
            2.Expansion/development etc

In Civ2 and in SMAC hte AI generally tended to fight to the death rather than surrender or try to get a peace treaty up. SMAC I have to admit was a bit better but still the AI was 'arrogant' if I may say so for it.

Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
            So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
            rocking on everest

Comment

AI-AI diplomacy should be just as advanced as AI-human!!!

HOWEVER: NO GANG UP unless asked for!
              the game should be more REALLISTIC than Impossible to play!

Comment

How about taking this further and adding 3+ way diplomacy, like you and two AI's, or 3 AI's, or all AI's against you in one big conference. This would also allow for moderation, one civ getting together with two other civs to help ease tensions between the two.

Because after all, in real life, if three countries want to sign a peace treaty, they don't go to one, and then the other offering the same peace treaty. All three leaders meet on neutral ground and sign it.
                [This message has been edited by airdrik (edited May 04, 2001).]
                I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Working...
                X