Englands Group in the World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Englands Group in the World Cup

I know I'm behind the times, and you've probably discussed this before but, I was just so astonished by the group England is in that I had to post something.

Argentina, England, Sweden, and Nigeria.

Talk about the group of death! Is it just me or does this seem to happen to England too often?
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

There were times people would have thought you'd have got to be having a laugh about that rant. I mean let's face it, England's power of once is over now, and so is Germany's. World of soccer turned upside down.

Comment

Your just pissed off that East Germany never won anything and that we gave you a 5-1 thrashing in Munich last September
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        There were times people would have thought you'd have got to be having a laugh about that rant. I mean let's face it, England's power of once is over now, and so is Germany's. World of soccer turned upside down.
        Yes, viva Costa Rica!

Comment

Does east germany field its own team now? God I'm so out of it over here!
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            not so much turned upside down, as gone accross the channel for an extended holiday!

the England team may be a little inexperieced this time around, but in 4 years all the key players will be hitting their prime.

Comment

I'm going to boycot this world cup until the semis. It's ridiculous to have China, Costa Rica and Senegal play (while excluding teams like Holland and Scotland).
              Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

everyone replying to me so far, keep em coming!

East Germany used to have its own team and beat the wessis 1-0 in 72. 74? 78? Go Sparwasse!

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
                  Your just pissed off that East Germany never won anything and that we gave you a 5-1 thrashing in Munich last September
                  I mis-read that. You're saying England beat Germany 5-1 in Munich? Was that because England was good or the Germans sucked?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                    I'm going to boycot this world cup until the semis. It's ridiculous to have China, Costa Rica and Senegal play (while excluding teams like Holland and Scotland).
                    why? they qualified and Holland didn't, you have to regionalize the qualifiers or you's have european players having to jet off to play in China on a wednesday and get back to play league football on the saturday, the clubs (who pay the wages) would never stand for it.

The Scots and the Dutch are not there because they couldn't win games in the qualifiers against supposedly weaker teams, would you make like to make an exception because we KNOW the Dutch can play better?

Comment

I certainly wouldn't complain.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Was that because England was good or the Germans sucked?
                        When conversing with Ecthelion, assume the latter.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You naughty imp

Comment

germany were poor, but england had 6 or so chances and scored from 5 of them, it wasn't a 5-1 game in my book

Comment

Scotland aren't in because, and as a Scot I can say this, we are a type a Muslim, minus one 'i'.

And for those who are confused, that Musilm is "Shiite"
                              The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                              Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                              All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                              "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Working...
                              X