Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unification

here is an idea 4 all u peace-loving hippies 4 expanding ur empires

'unification' is my idea of diplomatic/peaceful way of gettin' larger when there is no where to go & no wars must be fought

there r 2 types i could think of:

Merger-ur civ unites w/ a major civ, there must be a long established alliance & trust between u & the other civ in order 4 this work. u contact the civ & propose a merger between ur 2 nations, if accepted ur 2 civs become 1 & a random name(or if u want to name the new civ, u could). u get right away half of the minor cities under ur control, while another 1/4 of the cities u can only produce stuff not directly control taxes & science, these cities' $ & science output go to the AI u just merged with. the remaining cities r under the AI's control

the AI is still active but its military before the merger is under ur control & any military built after the merger is under the AI's control, science & money outputs from half of its cities go to the AI as well & it can discover new techs which r automaticly urs & vice versa

Since there r 2 governing parties, domestic & foriegn affairs will be handed in mini-planetry council style, if they nay ur cuzs u can push aside their nays & what u please but this could add on to a chance 4 a massive revolution

other time u gain more control over these cities own by the AI & the AI become less important 2 a point u got complete control

Annex-u just sign a membership treaty w/ a minor civ. no alliances or treaties r needed but it would help otherwise u must threaten them or put heavy pressure on them like heavy military forces within their borders

of course 'unification' shouldn't go without approval, since its a good idea 4 AI to do the same, but they might not be so smart to do it anyway, if AIs can unite into 1 civ than there might be conflict between 2 civs over annexing a minor civ & 4 'unification' of 2 major civs, i got a idea 4 that 2

a congress of all the major civs, who vote if it goes through, naturally the 2 uniting civs can't vote but they turn some of the other civs towards their favor.
    if it passes under the international community its a good start 4 the new nation, than again a civ might have a problem with this & can cuz problems 4 the new nation. of course, if the international community doesn't agree, the 2 civs can continue in unification but it would make the international community piss off & this can get ugly, like a world war ugly

the main rules 4 approval of mergers r the nation involved warlike or peaceful, how trusting & the power created is it 2 big or just fine, remember everyone must do what they got to do to live

this is a damn big suggest & i need feedbacks on how much it sucks, how it rocks or how much improvements must be made-cuz i know it is damn complex but if added it could make things interesting, that is if the AIs can be smart and merge
    [This message has been edited by New Yorker (edited January 13, 2001).]

New Yorker,

Clearly, you are an intelligent chap. In your posts, I can see the glimmers of some very good ideas. But, and I have to say it - I find it nearly impossible to understand what you are talking about. All the abbreviations and colloquialisms you use make reading your posts very difficult.

Please re-read them, and understand what it must be like for someone else!!

No offence!

------------------
    Josef Given
    josefgiven@hotmail.com
    A fact, spinning alone through infospace. Without help, it could be lost forever, because only THIS can turn it into a News.

Comment

Maybe a diplomatic victory would involve detailed negotiations to unify the world.

Comment

Interesting,
        its all possible more or less, though like in the game i'm making,
        the ordiary population of a country can have a say in wether they unify or breakaway.

I think your idea about a Planetary organistaion (NATO/UN etc) is good too.. I suppose the main world power could set its agenda (like the US tends to), or it could be democratic where even a small country can muck up world events(haha) SMACS system was intersting, the bigger your countries population the more say you had in Planetary votes.

Hmm so your thinking there could be lots of Organisations like the UN, Warsaw Pact etc,
        my game has various Organisations -businesses etc, and you can have Summits to achieve this, diplomacy with multiple leaders..
        (copyrighted to VIRE Tech.. me :P )

You could have a whole cold war scenario, with Russia and America fighting over a country to get it to join one or other side.

Its tricky having these minor dependancies sharing your production, maybe you can just donate money to them, most games just make these nations effectively another of your cities- all of them can build what you want,
        but i'm thinking of having these minor countries be independenant, and you as their mother country tell them
        'build an invasion force' or 'work towards scientific research in the area of Physics/weapons/economy' etc
        which could affect the actual workings of their AI.

for more info email me at
        peter@artpac.demon.co.uk

Admiral PJT
        Emperor of the second galactic Potatoe

Comment

Working...
        X