CIV: Australians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV: Australians

On CivFanatics a few months ago, I released a modpack for Civ 3 that added the Australian civilization to the game.

Now that the latest versions of Civ3 and Gramphos' Multitool have been released, I have made a version that works for version 1.21f.

And so, here it is. And in time for Anzac Day too
    Attached Files
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

What does it include? (Leaderheads, UU and so on...)

Comment

From the readme file:

Adds Australia as a usable civilization with the following attributes:
      Scientific, Industrious
      Ruler: Prime Minister Barton
      Unique Unit: Anzac (replaces Infantry 8.10.1 treats all terrain as road)
      I also added in new civilopedia articles on the Australians, and the Anzac (though I had one with the previous version you can find on CivFanatics).

Unfortunately, there's no new graphics yet. Originally, the mod replaced the Greeks, but since getting Civ 3 Multi Tool, I was able to add them in instead of replacing an existing civ. I haven't made a new leaderhead for Edmund Barton yet (still looks like Alexander), and I haven't made a graphic for the Anzac yet (still looks like regular infantry). And there's still the Foreign Advisor bug, but I have no idea how to solve that problem yet.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Edmund Barton as leader?

why not Slim Dusty or Wally Lewis or someone?

Nah seriously Edmund Barton is fine. Nice mod.

Comment

Excuse me, but claiming the ANZAC as an Australian unique unit seems somewhat wrong to me, after all ANZAC is Australia NEW ZEALAND Army Core, or have you assimilated all New Zealand cities into the empire of Oz too?
            I am your God Apophis- Stargate SG1 (Brilliant line)

Comment

Map?

I've made a map from australia (incl. New Zealand) - perhaps someone try it?

(with res. but without starting positions)
              Attached Files
              L'enfer c'est les autres!

Comment

I downloaded that map; but for some reason my computer wont open it, maybe I don't have a nessasary patch or download?
                I am your God Apophis- Stargate SG1 (Brilliant line)

Comment

Originally posted by Apep
                  Excuse me, but claiming the ANZAC as an Australian unique unit seems somewhat wrong to me....
                  I think we can rename the unique unit to "Digger" without problems.
                  None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Working...
                  X