Europe time Diplogame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe time Diplogame?

Anyone interested in a new weekdays diplogame on European time?
    For settings I propose 2x1x Deity, raging.
    But I'll play anything nowadays

I would be up for a 1x1x diplo (any settings) on European times.

Comment

What is a diplogame 1x1x looks pretty normal, and since i'm new in this, it looks ok.
      "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
      "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

A diplogame is one where you diplomatically refrain from attacking the 2nd person to post in the thread that sets up the game.

Comment

still not completely clear to me. Does this mean the 2nd person is immune for attacks? And who is second: you or me? I guess just playing one would get me to know what it is all about?
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

In the meantime I have read some faq's. Diplogames sound good. see ya all soon

Comment

YES we are going to do that if not the US Sat game is going to be played on a more resonable time.

The game should be 1x1x to be a normal Civ 2 game.

I suggest a Development game instead of a diplo game.
              It means you are not allowed to attack any units/cities or use diplos/spies for anything else than etablish embassies. Pillaging is also banned. It's allowed to build move unit inside other players cityradius but you are not allowed to assist them to goto this places by using diplos or caravans.
              The winner is the first player reaching future tech 1 alternate reaching Alpa Centauri.

ENJOY!
              winzity ICQ 30339567
              Please note I don't longer use the mail address winzity@hotmail.com.
              Please ask me on ICQ or use Apolytons e-mail function if you want to send e-mail to me.

Comment

The rules for development games says it's forbidden to steal techs,
                but tech trading can be allowed or banned. The same applies to if offical alliances are allowed(those alliances have only trading as goal -> tech exchange(if allowed), and by using caravans).
                winzity ICQ 30339567
                Please ask me on ICQ or use Apolytons e-mail function if you want to send e-mail to me.

Comment

Whats a game without even the possibility of war? IMHO even the threat of war makes half the game

Comment

I agree, this development game sounds a little dull. I may have misunderstood the rules, but this seems no better than playing an early landing game against the AI.

Comment

Sorry, development only doesn't sound verry appealing.
                      BTW: is there no way to (greatly) increase the cost of bribing sities instead of totally eliminating this feature?

Comment

The challenge is to develop well

The player that is best on max his research speed will win. It's not so easy as it sounds.

war is destructive and therefore banned in development games. The game is not like playing the AI -> you have all negotations with other players(humans players only). You can have trade allainces and so on.
                        Try it, it's fun!
                        winzity ICQ 30339567

Comment

I was not turning it down because it looked too easy
                          War is a pain in the ass, as a have learned well with the hostile AI's. But leaving the option out meanes also leaving some difficult choices to make out. I won't have to built an army I think it takes out some challenges of the game. There are different possibilities to avoid wars This is why I would prefer the diplogame.

Comment

Well said. War, and paradoxically the avoidance of war are both integral to civ.

Comment

So, who do we got sofar?

Anyone got a preference on the map? should we play random or premade?
                              1x1x Deity sounds fine to me, I would like to allow techstealing/trading and unitbribe.

Comment

Working...
                              X