Game History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game History

When I play Civ II, usually I keep track of the dates when I found cities, or capture and lose cities, as well as the dates of government changes and when wonders are built. Also when I go to war with whom. For me this enriches the game greatly. Any thoughts on an automatically updated list of historical events in Civ III dating from the beginning to the end?

People have been throwing this idea around by way of a "Stars!" like chronology (see the poll) or a rehash of the CivI end game text file that gave a similar type of record, though not exactly in any glorifying format mind you.

Comment

I think Firaxis has planned to do an expanded version of the summary in the end in civI. Dont remember where I read that, but I think its coming
      The samurai has spoken

Comment

I would really like to see this as a window that you can access at any time during the game - i.e., not just part of the endgame replay as in Civ1. So it would need to be constantly updated while you're playing (which I guess is what you had in mind, Ostrander). This would be very useful indeed, particularly if you have to leave a game for a few weeks and then come back to it and wonder what on earth was going on!
        Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
        Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

That would be a really nice feature to be able to look on your past actions/achievements without having to reboot a saved game.

Comment

Must Have, Must Have, Must Have!

I mean, how hard would it be? What excuse do they have not to create this feature?
            "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Working...
            X