What's Your Favorite TV Show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favorite TV Show?

Overall, my favorite is Get Smart. There are literally no bad episodes. I could watch only that and nothing else. Three's Company is good too.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

First Monday
    Family Guy
    Boston Public
    Simpsons
    That 70s Show
    Fraiser

And in the day, nothing could top Seinfeld
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

For comedy... The simpsons and Seinfeld are at the top.

For Drama... Hill Steet Blues was a ground breaker

For SF... Babalyon 5... none better, but Farscape is second.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Simpsons (warts and all)
        Family Guy
        Malcom in the Middle
        Hogan's Heros
        Fraisier
        And yes, in it's day, nothing could top Seinfeld
        http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Simpsons
          Malcolm in the Middle
          Boston Public (NOT as a drama, but a comedy)
          Queer as Folk
          Greg the Bunny (the show with Eugene Levy and Seth Greene - I find it just hilarious)

Out of all of them, The Simpsons rules.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Greg the Bunny (the show with Eugene Levy and Seth Greene - I find it just hilarious)

It's crap. Totally and utter crap.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Don't tell me you treat it was a drama, at all?

It's crap. Totally and utter crap.
              Best new show I've seen in years.

The off-beat humor with muppets is perfect. Just perfect.

My favorite is Tardy (which looks remarkably like Kermit)
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The Bachelor
                Jerry Springer's
                Oprah
                Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Simpsons, Cheers, Family Guy, Night Court (that's an oldie- but goodie). I forgot Seinfeld.

edit: maybe I should include Star Trek . Nah ST sucks . Tos and TNG are the only ones I could nominate.

Comment

Don't tell me you treat it was a drama, at all?

It is a drama, and a damned good one. Nominated for all sorts of awards.

Best new show I've seen in years.

The off-beat humor with muppets is perfect. Just perfect.

Biggest waste of space on tv since the Chevy Chase Show was canceled. Hopefully they'll kill the bunny show very soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      It is a drama, and a damned good one. Nominated for all sorts of awards.

It's a hilariously bad preachy show that caves to public letter-writing campaigns about controversial topics. It's a comedy, and it's good at being a comedy, but much of the stuff that's hilarious they think is drama. Like the Drama Queen Principle's daughter, lol...

Biggest waste of space on tv since the Chevy Chase Show was canceled. Hopefully they'll kill the bunny show very soon as well.
                      You've got a pathetic sense of humor, then.
                      It's wonderful.
                      Off-the-wall, spontaneous, not based in reality -- what's not to like?

Ohh!

I forgot to mention SCRUBS.

Comment

It's a hilariously bad preachy show that caves to public letter-writing campaigns about controversial topics.

I admit at times it is preachy, but it is a very good show with great acting and some really good stories.

Like the Drama Queen Principle's daughter

I liked the Principal butting heads with her daughter. That was good, balancing her being his daughter and student.

It's wonderful.
                        Off-the-wall, spontaneous, not based in reality -- what's not to like?

Um... it's not funny, for starters! It's totally retarded, and most people I've talked to would pass on it in a flash.

I forgot to mention SCRUBS.

About to be cancelled... just isn't that good. It's ok, but that doesn't cut it on an NBC Thursday night slot.

Comment

We have very conflicting tastes.
                          First Monday I literally fell asleep through (this does not happen often).

Boston Public is quite simply a show about drama queens and about a ****ed up school, and for that reason it is only a comedy.

Scrubs is on wednesdays here, not Thursdays, and I loved it. In the same vein as Greg the Bunny, it was filled with sarcastic humor at character's expenses (often themselves), and all-around very witty.

That's incredibly rare in modern shows because Joe American thinks more like you than me.

Comment

First Monday I literally fell asleep through

The best show I've seen in years. It might be my all time favorite show. The one on gun control tonight was great .

Boston Public is quite simply a show about drama queens and about a ****ed up school

Which, Mr. Canuck is very typical of American High Schools .

it was filled with sarcastic humor at character's expenses (often themselves), and all-around very witty.

Seinfeld did that right, Greg the Bunny and Scrubs just don't hold a candle to them.

Comment

Futurama
                              Simpsons
                              Family Guy
                              Combat Missions (it's finished though)
                              WWF Smackdown!
                              And Get Smart (I forgot about that show!)

Maxwell Smart is the shi-zaow!

"Missed it by That much"
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X