X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drAgON1
    Anyone up for a game anytime soon?
    How about now?
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

ok i will be in lobby
      The C:CTP MASTER.....

Comment

Yeah Gavrushka, it was with blackice. I can play just about any time now that I am emancipated from the hellhole called public education. Not really an afterthought, just that those that I mentioned first were the ones that I have played in the last week and I was not sure which ones I had told I would continue with this weekend. So, had to clear that up first. One or two of those are ranked games, but I play too much to remember all the details. That is why I just like to play for the hell of it. Anyway, anytime you want to continue is good. Except Sunday. All else is game.
        Peace is but a place to live.
        The house of peace is built on the foundation of war.
        You must conquer the land before you can build your house and live in peace.

Comment

Vitlog, have you ever played a net game before? Just go to multi-player then internet, then choose a lobby. You then find someone to play you someone will be host. Then you choose the settings and you launch. Easy. You could stumble blindly into it and be just fine. If it is a rated game you want, I will play you. Just name a time.

Comment

Swissy - I must mention u by name- and put the word *thanks* against it - I learned much from your humiliation of me - I always say that when I play a game I learn much from being beaten than winning- I used 3 ancient units to protect a dozen cities in the last game I played with ZOC blocking - I used half a dozen spies as opposed to stacking 20 cities - From Filix I learned how to maintain science when factories were greedily slurping my science - From Blackice I learnt how to fight micromanage, and turn a bad situation round without panic - and from Quinns the concept that growth and colonisation is the only strategy that can put u in a position to win -

On saturday GMT lets get a few games up? I play Catete at 6:00pm GMT - but I think that a lot of us can play this weekend? Patryn, Blackice, Vitolg, Swissy, drAGon1 - shall we all meet and start some games from there?
            He's back after a fashion...

Comment

Thank you, Patryn. My problem is that "Waiting for servers" process never ends when I try to start Internet playing. I guess I should configure servers or something? I lost the game manual, and the game help says nothing about it.

So, if someone helps me with this I'll play virtually any time you set.
              vitolg

Comment

Vitolg there is a file called Servers.dat - that is the servers it hangs trying to load- I guess it is either deleted or corrupt - It is located in the CTP directory (off ctp_program) - I will post it in 2 seconds - unzip and copy over existing servers.dat

I posted it to u instead

Comment

Gavrushka, thanks! It works. Now I only need to know the server name and time. Also: for how long per a session you usually sit?
                  Thank you again!
                  vitolg

Comment

Vitlog, usually just go to the server with the most people, since there are only about 15 people max playing all at once at any given time. Used to be a lot more back in the day but we are a dying breed. Also, it sometimes depends on how your computer talks with the servers. There may be a server that is better for your connection. My pc likes nl, but many players play in the another server that will not let me directly in, so I have to got to nl, wait 10 seconds or so, and then go to the other. Net play is the best, but there are hurdles to jump. Especially for my connection As far as how long we play, depends on who has the lest amount of time to play. I play for 8-12 hours on saturdays. Many people do not have the luxury of such freetime though. I usually try to get in at least 4 hours on a weeknight though. A good net game may take anywhere from a few hours, to as much as dozens of hours. Lot of good times.

Comment

Superb Vitolg! - I guess I do not see what happens most weekday nights, as I am on GMT- BUT I am available (in your time zone terms) from 10:00am Saturday - 5:00pm Sunday - except whilst the Grand Prix is on!

Patryn, I do not think we are a dying breed - I think that more people are coming back from CTP2 all the time - look at the forum post counts - CTP now outdoes CTP2 - with more players joining every day! If only Activision would resume support of CTP, and release expansion packs they would realise what a popular game this actually is- Because they goosed with CTP2 (comparatively) it does not mean they should cease development of the best game released of its type!

Comment

Well, we were a dying breed at least. I remember when I first sterted on the net a few years ago, there would be 15 people in the lobby with 10 or more games running. Those were the good old days. Now, I suppose most of the new players are going with the better looking civ games and not even getting the joy to experience the classics. Maybe we should all e-mail activision and tell them to make an expansion for ctp instead of a sequel. If we could find enough people, maybe we could convince them. How about we all create 30 e-mail accounts each, and we can swamp them. Ok, maybe not. We could at least mail whoever is making the next civ game a copy of ctp and tell them to take some lessons from it. Or, if the people who oversee apolyton could get together, compile all the mods, patches, and all that good stuff that you can download here into an expansion, we could get the copyright from activision and give them royalties. That would be great. The people who play the game make an expansion disc to sell to all of people who still play the game. I bet that is where gaming may go in the future. Some company makes a game, and hundreds of interested gamers play it, and perfect it as they go. By the time that would happen, everyone could write their own cd's, dvd's, and whatnot. Broadband and much faster pc's. Create endless variety.

Comment

Good point there are several CTP forums although this is the largest. If we all search one out join and introduce the mass email to the powers that be maybe they would comply?

I would like to see a real time play option like the one they just intrduced for CIV3. That would be the cats meow. Anyone that gets the expansion pack see if it can be mutated to ctp ok?
                          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                          Or do we?

Comment

Nimrod, online and ready to roll...

Comment

Blackice, if they make CTP real time, I will go back to Solitaire, How the hell would I be able to deficate and urinate if it is real time?? I'd have to sit there with a slop bucket hoping nobody peered through my office window!

Comment

Anyone up for a game?

Comment

Working...
                                X