Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet. It's looking more polished and functional. Thanks.

Comment

• Gramphos, that is a great teaser. Looks like something worthwhile, esp for a major unit mod like the LotR one by Eclipse.

Comment

• I'm almost done now. As for the unit creation everything but multiple strategies works perfectly. Multiple strategies tend to give incorrect resuilt some times, but I don't think I'll delay the release if i can't solve that. it should be easy enough to check those units in the editor and see if they got wrong.

Now what is left before release, which I hope will be this weekend. Is just the normal bug fixes of the othertools, and fixing some settings to work as intended and so on. No more big changes before release. Oh, and yes, I have to rewrite the readme.

Well, while you are waiting here is another screenshot from the unit wizzard
        Attached Files
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Looks great!
          How about new civilizations wizard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acid
            Looks great!
            How about new civilizations wizard?
            Nope, not as long as the foreign advisor crashes.

Comment

• C3MT 0.93 BETA IS OUT!!!!!

Well, I actually don't like to have to release it as beta. It has a longer list of changes and fixes then the Namechange. But one of the translators can't get into the UCW, and now I hope that someone else also will be affected by this bug so that I can track it down before to real 0.93 is released.

As this is a beta version it will only be posted here, and no setup will be made. the old version will remain in the original post.

Before using this beta: change yor languae to English if you use any alternate language.

Now to the list of cahnges:
              v0.93
              - Unit Creation Wizzard Added
              - Civilopedia Editor now allows editing Civilopedia Icons
              - The Description and Text field of the Civilopedia editor can be resized
              - The CopyTool now has an option to Open a map window similar to the one earlier only in the SGE
              - The MapWindow in the SGE now has a little flashing ellipse where the selected Unit/City is.
              - The Map resizes (scaled, not redrawn) to fit the MapWindow when window is resized
              - SplashScreen is now showed (with or without progressbar) while loading the terrain graphics.
              - Bug with one of the terrainsets being wrong file in Map Window fixed.
              - The Export/Import function for Units and Civs (which won't work, as the game crashes when civs are added) has been updated to unce again work. (I don't think they have worked since 1.07f)
              - The Unit Organizer support for Multiple strategies has been extended
              - Bug which made pre 1.21f maps unloadable corrected.
              - Problem with default values when loading pre 1.21f Units fixed.
              - Option to always backup files added
              - Option to load civ3mod.bic if no rules are in the BIC loaded when starting the Civilopedia editor added.
              - Crash bug when caceling the start of the Civilopedia editor from the CopyTool corrected
              - All main toolparts now show up in the taskbar. No matter from what command they were started.
              - Problems with not being able to start some tools in certain orders has been corrected.
              - Crash at first startup if 0-length textfile existed in the C3MT dierctory (Input past end of file error) fixed

And finally the file. I want you to report anything, even small glitches, as they might be big bugs on other systems. Especially problems with the UCW or startup.

The faster I track down the bug the faster will the real release of this version came.

And don't overwrite your original files.
              Extract the beta to its own folder.

25 downloads.
              Last edited by Gramphos; May 26, 2002, 04:58.

Comment

• What is this?

Not a single download yet?

You wanted the Unit Wizzard so badly. It's working, (if it starts that is) But it's just one out of 4 users who has had problem with it

download now!

Comment

• Thank you Gramphos, I just saw it in my email, I have downloaded it, and will test it out later. I have to go pick up my wife soon and she wants to see Spiderman, so it will be a little while, but I will check it out.

Again, thank you.

Comment

• ok, i'm launching it...

Comment

• okay what about animation file? Should i enter the complete path like C:\bla-bla\bla-bla\Animation\Animation.flc?

btw i'm having some probs with civilopedia editor. when i click on it, the menu screen blinks and nothing happens
                      Last edited by Acid; May 25, 2002, 23:31.

Comment

• Animations are relative from the Unitname folder. I don't know if absolute paths work.

How did you go to the Civilopedia editor?

Is any other window of C3MT open?

Comment

• Apparently I forgot to add a few lines to the language reading function. This is a workaround c3mt.txt to replace the one in the Beta Zip.

13 downloads
                          Last edited by Gramphos; June 4, 2002, 07:35.

Comment

• And here is a corrected beta. 0.93 Beta 2
                            It fixes some crash problems with Beta 1.

70 downloads
                            Last edited by Gramphos; June 4, 2002, 07:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                              Animations are relative from the Unitname folder. I don't know if absolute paths work.

How did you go to the Civilopedia editor?

Is any other window of C3MT open?
                              Just clicked on it from the main menu. It blinked and then nothing happened
                              No other C3MT was open.

And when i check "Create one with Civilopedia editor now" option in Unit Wizzard, it also doesnt do anything, just skips that step.
                              It didn't work in previous versions of multitool as well
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Wow and this is really something new:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X