Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ummm... Not being a programmer myself i didnt know how hard it is, but i can guess, the goverment thing was just wishful thinking on my part...
    "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
    "The bloody dog is dead"
    ------------------------------------------

Comment

• Hi,

I am most interested in the savegame editor.
      Could you post the source code? Or in some way share your knowledge of the files structure/format/offsets ?
      I dont want to steal your work. But from what I read here you seem to put a lot more time into the rules/scenario that the savegames, and I would like to start coding a full-fledged savegame editor. Your help would be most appreciated.

On a side note, I see the french translation isn't available. I can do it if you need to.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaceGuy
        Hi,

I am most interested in the savegame editor.
        Could you post the source code? Or in some way share your knowledge of the files structure/format/offsets ?
        I dont want to steal your work. But from what I read here you seem to put a lot more time into the rules/scenario that the savegames, and I would like to start coding a full-fledged savegame editor. Your help would be most appreciated.

On a side note, I see the french translation isn't available. I can do it if you need to.
        Send men an email or a PM and we can discuss this.
        The reason why I'm kind of restrictive in giving out info on the saves is that it opens for cheaiting in Tournaments, and maybe later in MP games.

The biggest problems with searching for more save things is that the saveformat changes some depending on the BIC, so even if you find something for a default BIC you don't know if that works with a modified one.

If you want to make a translation, just download the c3mt.en.txt somewhere a bit up.

I might tell you that since the UCW was released I've been working with rewriting of the Save reader not to mix rules in the save with rules in civ3mod.bic. (Thus rules can be imported to a save (in the same way the civ3mod.bic could be edited before) However, I don't know if I'll get a new version out before the mid of July)

I try to pay about the same ammount of time for all the tools, but as more tools are for BICs, (and as I created a wizzard (with accumulated time from not working with the CT nevertheless)) I have not worked mush with the SGE lately. (Since the move city was added)

The BIC functionallity is required for reading the SAVES, and therefor I always trart by upgrading it when new versions get out. It's also a lot easier, and the code for that looks better. (But I stillregret that I started this as a small project, not organized the cood enough in the beginning)
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Hi I have the same problem as a previous post:

- If I load a save game in your editor get I an error:
          - Invalid Input.
          - I use patch 1.21f and v0.92.5001 on WinXP.

Ok, that happens to me as well often but my present problem is as follows:

I did a simple edit, the only changes I made to a game at 3950 BC were:
          - added 2 settlers
          - reveal map

And the game worked fine, until about AD 570 when I try loading my save game CIV3 crashes completely. It also happens when I load teh Autosave game.

I love your save game editor V0.93 and really appreciate all of your work!

David Christie
          Vancouver, BC

Comment

• The invalid input is most likely due to incorrect version of SavExpnd.exe

Do you have those crashing games?

There might be problems with adding popunits (reported before as well)

Comment

• I have a strong suspission that this problem may be related to the MultiTool.

I copied a Tech, then renamed it to 'Condor'.
              I played the game, and I put the same tech pictures as Warrior Code for Condor.
              Once I got to the Writing advance, and finished reasearching it, the game crashed. Before that, I had the Penecillin picture comming up for the Math tech and the whole pictures were mucked up.

Hope you can help.
              "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
              "The bloody dog is dead"
              ------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Condorswarm
                I have a strong suspission that this problem may be related to the MultiTool.

I copied a Tech, then renamed it to 'Condor'.
                I played the game, and I put the same tech pictures as Warrior Code for Condor.
                Once I got to the Writing advance, and finished reasearching it, the game crashed. Before that, I had the Penecillin picture comming up for the Math tech and the whole pictures were mucked up.

Hope you can help.
                The research images are hardcoded. so that the small images goes from 0 to # of techs -1 and the big goes from # of techs to 2 * # of techs -1. This means that the big Writing image will not exist, and a crash occurs. Nothing I can do about it.

Comment

• Version 0.93.5 is ready.

It's just a few small, but useful changes:
                  v0.93.5
                  - Fixes bug were a unit has to have Bombard Range greater then zero to set Air Bombard strategy in UCW
                  - Added brows buttons to Animation and Sound files in UCW
                  - Added Special flags to Units in SGE
                  - Bug where new icon entries aren't grouped correctly in pediaicons.txt fixed.
                  - Rules are now imported and exported among maps from saves.

Comment

• A quick question: How do I use the 'add' function in the SGE unit section?

Comment

• Gramps, I was wondering if you had yet made it so that the CMT can create or rename (enemy) cities? Something I was going to use for my scenario fun. Even though a 'real' editor is coming out soon, I still might want to get a head start.

Comment

• Odd...With 0.95.5 and 1.21f, I can't add units in the SGE. It always crashes w/ an invalid page fault in OLEAUT32.DLL.

Comment

• I´ve downloaded the lastest version of the CivIIIMultiTool. I´ve tried to create a new unit. The I´ve selected, that I add the new unit to the Civ3mod.bic.
                          I´ve named the Unit and entered the Shieldcost, Attackstrength, Defencestrength, etc. All ok, til I come to the animation files. I´ve selected to create a new set. I choosen the flc-files. But always when I selected the 4th animation-file (for example: 1. default, 2. run, 3. attack1, 4. defend), the unit-creation wizard crashes. I don´t believe, that it depends on the flc-files. I´ve downloaded it (NavalMine). Then I´ve tried to use the same animationset as the Battleship. I changed the ini-file and entered my new flc´s. All ok, but then the game crashes.
                          I´m using the german 1.21 version of CIV3 and using WinXP.
                          Can someone helm me?
                          The Strong stays long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Penta
                            Odd...With 0.95.5 and 1.21f, I can't add units in the SGE. It always crashes w/ an invalid page fault in OLEAUT32.DLL.
                            I mostly get the "IOError Unit" error when ever I try to add units. It even happens when I just have it 'show the map'... Then the game crashes with that "IOError Unit" error and that file becomes useless

The only way to get around it is to play it without exiting the game... Otherwise that game is gone

Comment

• Better get to work again Gramps, there's a lot to be done it seems.

Comment

• Hey Gramphos

I just tried version 92 with the new patch and it came up "invalid format", so it looks like you'll need to update MultiTool again.

Comment

Working...
                                X