Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ole-Ole!

With this contrlol (from sgrig post)

version 6.0.80.22 works fine
    version 5.1.43.19 generate buggy events

They are totally unidentical!
    CiviPort

Comment

• Originally posted by Imp. Montezuma
      Ole-Ole!

Whoops! I'm sorry, I probably did something very very silly when comparing these files (I probably clicked on the wrong link or something! ). I checked again and you are right they are totally unidentical!

indeed, the VB6 version is 6.0.80.22, the VB5 version is 5.1.43.19 as you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imp. Montezuma
        Ole-Ole!

SStrange. i guess it's a result of me changing development computer to an XP based, so that the later version is included.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• What about for Mac users? Of the attachments I have seen they are all for Windows.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek73
            What about for Mac users? Of the attachments I have seen they are all for Windows.
            I don't have a Mac, and have no idea on how to port a VB app, which I'm always making changes to.

Comment

• Gramphos, link for full install isn't working
              CiviPort

Comment

• It is now. (For some reason the FTP program captililized the .EXE when I uploadexd the file a second time, making a small fix to it. And I didn't notice that.)

Comment

• 0.93 is out now. i didn't have time for any additoins more then what's in the beta, but that will come in later versions. All known problems have been fixed.

Comment

• Oh, and here is the full English textfile, if you want to translate it into another language this is the file you should use.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Gramphos!

I spotted a small error (in the final version, although it was probably in the beta as well - sorry for not spotting it earlier) - when adding an air unit, CUW only allows to check "Air Bombard" AI function if bombard range is non-zero, however for air units, the "Operational Range" determines range, so operational range needs to be non-zero for "Air Bombard" to work, and "Bombard range" should be zero.

(Note there is also a spelling mistake - should be "Operational Range" not "Opertational Range")

Comment

• Well, You know how many lines of code I've written for this. You cant expect to get it right at the first time.

Comment

• Of course, I understand.

But overall you really did make a great job with C3MT! I especially like the inclusion of CUW, before I did not bother adding units to the game because I thought it's too much work, but now with CUW I added more than 30 units in just a couple of hours, which is fantastic!

May I suggest for future versions to add similar wizards for adding resources, buildings, technologies, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                            Well, You know how many lines of code I've written for this. You cant expect to get it right at the first time.
                            hi ,

at least you try , ............

have a nice day / night
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• I love the Unit Creation Wizzard! Its making it very easy for me to add units now...

Yes, if you have time, could you put in creation wizzards for the buildings, tech, goverments, civs, etc as sgrig suggested?
                              "Never in the history of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few"
                              "The bloody dog is dead"
                              ------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Condorswarm
                                I love the Unit Creation Wizzard! Its making it very easy for me to add units now...

Yes, if you have time, could you put in creation wizzards for the buildings, tech, goverments, civs, etc as sgrig suggested?
                                Well, it takes time to do, and the easiest thing is the units, as there are no hardcooded art involved. Buildings is almost as easy, but one big difference: The buildings_large and buildings_small.pcx.

Civs crashes until the next ediotor, and techs have hardcoded icons.

Governments? How hard is it to add them with the editor now?

Comment

Working...
                                X