Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can get comct232.ocx from

http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb6/comct232.cab

I downloaded it, extracted comct232.ocx from the .cab file, copied it into the the winnt\system32\ folder and registered it using Regsvr32.exe (found in the same folder). After this CUW worked!!

Comment

• Ooops, I forgot about that i used an Imagelist for the marks. I thought I didn't use any new controls . Then It will be fixed with a new full install.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• I would have suggeted

as this is a vb5 app.

Comment

• Hey, you! The file is in the install

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
            Hey, you! The file is in the install
            Install?! What install?

I had some ancient version of Civ3CopyTool installed, so I assumed I did not have to do the full install again.

By the way, I checked that the two comct232.ocx to which you and I have provided links are fully identical.

Comment

Hey, you! The file is in the install
              Works, but...
              Another bug: UW program didn't save a new bic. Only makes shortcut in recent documents list
              And add only in source bic. target bic had only 'ghost' shortcut
              Last edited by Imp. Montezuma; May 28, 2002, 17:26.
              CiviPort

Comment

• Originally posted by Imp. Montezuma

Works, but...
                Another bug: UW program didn't save a new bic. Only makes shortcut in recent documents list
                I'll look into that, but I think it worked for me when I made the initial testing. However, we are still beta.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgrig
                  Install?! What install?

I had some ancient version of Civ3CopyTool installed, so I assumed I did not have to do the full install again.

By the way, I checked that the two comct232.ocx to which you and I have provided links are fully identical.
                  The install changed files last time with the addition of the Civilopediaeditor. But the comct232.ocx were added around the name change.

Comment

• What of the BIC options did you use?

Comment

What of the BIC options did you use?
                      hi ,

Gramphos , just a note to say ; ........THANK YOU , ......

for everthing , .....keep it coming , and thanks in advance for ALL the good (and less good) work , ........

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imp. Montezuma

Works, but...
                        It worked fine for me...

Comment

• i added few units, it works fine, but when i zoom any city, the game crashes
                          has anyone had this problem?

Comment

• Oh i think i get it now, it's probably not because of the new units but because i added some more resources.

does anyone know how to fix that problem?
                            I think it has something to do with luxurysmall.pcx but have no idea what

btw how about new buildins wizzard, so you can actually create new ones and see them at arial view? is it possible?
                            Last edited by Acid; May 29, 2002, 20:46.

Comment

• Hi Gramphos! Now that I got CUW working, I have a few suggestions:

1. Add a "browse file" option whenever a filename is asked, ie for unit animations and sounds, and for the civilopedia icons in the pedia editor.

2. In the "Animation Files" section give option of using the existing .ini file.

3. The entry in the pediaicons.txt is inserted in the very end of the file for some reason, whereas it should be before #End Units (logically)

4. For some reason each time a create a new unit, and choose the civilopedia editor option for the unit, the Civilopedia editor window gets smaller and smaller, and there is no way to resize it!

Otherwise, great work! I haven't spotted any other obvious bugs yet.

Comment

• 1. Might or might not be added bore the beta period is over

2. Is the default values, you can just change them if you want to override some part.

3. I'll look into it. It should group it with the same group, but I think that it sometimes misses what group it is.

4. Obviously a bug. I'll try to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X