Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Acid
    Just clicked on it from the main menu. It blinked and then nothing happened
    No other C3MT was open.

And when i check "Create one with Civilopedia editor now" option in Unit Wizzard, it also doesnt do anything, just skips that step.
    It didn't work in previous versions of multitool as well
    You use beta1? This is one of the things that should be fixed in beta2. If you use beta 2 and still have this problem, download the textfilefix.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Oh, and 'now' is when you click finish.

Comment

• Oh, and the option is grayed out as you have selected the same pedia entry as anouther unit uses.

Comment

• Still doesn't work but anyway, forget it, i think i can edit it manualy

Comment

• for animation i used path like
            Unitfolder/animation.flc

but when the city builds this unit, the game crashes

Comment

• You should just enter the animation.flc if you place it in the folder for the unit. (I'll try to make a brows function that automaticly fixes the path correctly. either for the real 0.93 or an upcoming version.)

If you use a file from another unit you enter ..\Other Unit Name\animation.flc

Comment

• Hey Gramphos! I downloaded Beta 2 of v0.93, but when on the title screen I click on Unit Wizzard, the title screen disappears and nothing else happens! Is this a known bug? (oh, and everything else works fine, just the UW does not show up!)

Comment

• Originally posted by sgrig
                  Hey Gramphos! I downloaded Beta 2 of v0.93, but when on the title screen I click on Unit Wizzard, the title screen disappears and nothing else happens! Is this a known bug? (oh, and everything else works fine, just the UW does not show up!)
                  Congratulations!!!

That's the bug I was waitng for someone to find. Now you and on of the translators are two users to have it. Tell me everything that might be useful. Including Windows version and language. If there is anything in the c3mt.log or anything elese you have noticed. What version of Civ3 you have.

As soon as this bug is fixed i'll be able to leave the beta stage.

Comment

• I'm having the same trouble with Civilopedia editor

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Congratulations!!!

That's the bug I was waitng for someone to find. Now you and on of the translators are two users to have it. Tell me everything that might be useful. Including Windows version and language. If there is anything in the c3mt.log or anything elese you have noticed. What version of Civ3 you have.

As soon as this bug is fixed i'll be able to leave the beta stage.
                      Oh good, I'm not alone in this!

I'm using Win2000 Pro, English language, Civ3 v1.21f. I couldn't find c3mt.log anywhere.

I doubt it has got anything to do with the Civ3 version because this bug occurs before any civ3 components are loaded, but it might have something to do with the windows version, or maybe lack of correct versions of some dll's...

I checked using the Task Manager that when I click CUW, C3mt completely disappears from the processes list, so there are no "bits & pieces" left in the memory.

Well, I think this is about all I can say, hopefully you can fix this bug! Good luck!
                      Last edited by sgrig; May 28, 2002, 02:52.

Comment

• What is your CPU and Memory?

I'll try to increase the ammount of error handling to be able to track down the error.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                          What is your CPU and Memory?

I'll try to increase the ammount of error handling to be able to track down the error.
                          Celeron 650 MHz, 128 MB RAM

Comment

• Test this version. It has been complied in another way.

22 downloads
                            Last edited by Gramphos; June 4, 2002, 07:33.

Comment

• Aha! Now I get a nice error message which reveals everything!

"Component comct232.ocx not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid."

In my winnt\system32\ folder I found files comct332.ocx, mscomct2.ocx, but indeed no comct232.ocx!

So where can I get this file from?

Comment

• Originally posted by sgrig
                                Aha! Now I get a nice error message which reveals everything!

"Component comct232.ocx not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid."

In my winnt\system32\ folder I found files comct332.ocx, mscomct2.ocx, but indeed no comct232.ocx!

So where can I get this file from?
                                Yes! I get message, too.
                                In my system is only
                                comct332.ocx ver 6.7.0.8862 and
                                Comctl32.ocx ver 6.0.80.22
                                MSCOMCT2.OCX ver 6.0.88.4
                                mscomctl.ocx ver 6.0.88.62
                                CiviPort

Comment

Working...
                                X