Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ4 Tech Tree (The word Civ4 included to attract more posters)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ4 Tech Tree (The word Civ4 included to attract more posters)

VISIT THE APOLYTON/COMMUNITY FORUM DAMN YOU ALL!!

Markos, we need a Civ Gaming forum. Nobody here "goes south" to the Misc section

edit: link
    Last edited by Immortal Wombat; April 22, 2002, 16:20.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Maybe (but who am I?) you should have posted it here on general civ3 forum?

It's too late for me now (4 am) to respond properly to your well reflected thread. However, by posting this I'll get the subject to general actuality again ...

That ain't bad isn't it?

I'll be back .

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

I probably should have, but it is not explicitly about designing a Civ3/4 tech tree, its about a Civ tech tree, for any game, for the Ultimate Civ (when it finally comes along).
      Its an exploration into what makes a good tech tree. There may be follow up threads too.
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

There were fewer techs with Civ 3 than in Civ 2!!

Civ 3 needs a lot more, such as:

Hullmaking; the Saddle; Stirrups; Squierarchy (to get Men-at Arms); Volunteerism; Advanced Naval Warfare; among others.

See the LWC mod on the forums, by Plutarck.

We also need more Wonders. How come The Internet was not a Wonder??

Comment

I thought that post of your's, Wombat, was pretty cool and interesting, and I think you have some great points

but, I thought that we already had the ultimate Civ-game, CtP2, what with SLIC and all.

Comment

nice thread immortal, interresting idea's! ::

off topic: de eerste die ik hier van antwerpen tegenkom:-) aj corp.the FAIR. Woon je in't centrum?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
              nice thread immortal, interresting idea's! ::

off topic: de eerste die ik hier van antwerpen tegenkom:-) aj corp.the FAIR. Woon je in't centrum?
              off topic (we appear to live close to one another )

Is me dit verschieten .

Misschien kan je overwegen ook Antwerp(en) toe te voegen om zo de naam en faam van onze 'prachtige' stad mee uit te dragen.

Ik woon dicht bij het Bouwcentrum, jij?

AJ
              " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
              - emperor level all time
              - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

eeuh, dus je woont achter mijne hoek, ik woon bij het harmoniepark!!!

ps: sorry to all of you who don't understand a (culture) flipping word of this :-)
                and for more or less steeling this tread ::
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Nice hearing from you

Daylight's already glooming (?), I'm as tired as King Albert (trembling) and I've encountered a fellow city dweller who lives right around the corner?

The world is a small place, isn't it?

Off to sleep now. Take care.

AJ
                  - emperor level all time
                  - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Ik kan ook Nederlands. (Een beetje). Ik was weg gegaan uit amesfoort toen ik drie was.

Good Tree, anyway. IW.
                    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

ut, I thought that we already had the ultimate Civ-game, CtP2, what with SLIC and all.
                      True, but many Civ3 fans refuse to recognize this. That's why IW doesn't say that we already renamed modded CtP2 to Civ4

Off-topic: Nederlandstaligen aller landen, verenigd u! Samen zullen we de duivelse Finnen verdrijven en de heerschappij over Apolyton overnemen!
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        but, I thought that we already had the ultimate Civ-game, CtP2, what with SLIC and all.
                        Every tech tree can be improved.

I'm glad people liked the post. Some more replies would be nice...

Comment

De eerste keer dat ik hier zoveel Nederlandstaligen zie. In 1999 had ik het gevoel alsof ik de enigste was van meer dan 5000 mensen.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
                            True, but many Civ3 fans refuse to recognize this. That's why IW doesn't say that we already renamed modded CtP2 to Civ4
                            And I thought we have discovered that CTP2 is the real Civ4.

Ok back on topic would about a non linear tech tree that is dependent on goods, for example if one of your city harvests dye than you should be able to research explosives if none of your cities owns that good sorry for you, but first you have to know a resource and than you can think about it how you can use it.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus

Off-topic: Nederlandstaligen aller landen, verenigd u! Samen zullen we de duivelse Finnen verdrijven en de heerschappij over Apolyton overnemen!
                              lol, we only needed what, one more vote in New Amsterdam, oohh
                              how the world could have been so different today

Comment

Working...
                              X