Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory of Evolution Should have never been a part of this game!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite frankly Draco, you're just making up some of your arguments as you go along. Because never have I seen such a load of flawed bullsh*t. Evolution is stronger than ever. We have moved on from the pure days of Darwinian evolution, we have Neodarwinism, made complete with our modern knowledge of genetics and molecular biology.

Really, I could go on to you about this all day, but it would be a folly. You are not prepared to listen to others, others who may know a lot, lot more about a subject than you do.

But just answer me one small question...where do you live?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

But who created the creator?

How is that an obvious thing?

It's one of the most illogical things I've ever heard.
      When I look at the world around me I find it difficult to imagine it all just happening by chance. Life has a design so intricate that it could only come from an intelligent creator IMO.

If you cant see that then I cant show you, you have to see it for yourself.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by jep

No, God is dead. And we killed him.
        Well, since we created Him, I suppose we could have killed Him too. The human giveth... and the human taketh away.

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Creationism vs. Evolution

This has also been debated to death on this OT thread, where every single creationist either drifted quietly away or took an infinite regress when confronted with the evidence against them. I'd repost some of Ethelred's links, but I have no confidence in their actually being looked at; anybody who cares enough to find them in the OT thread cares enough to actually look at them, as far as I'm concerned.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
            When I look at the world around me I find it difficult to imagine it all just happening by chance. Life has a design so intricate that it could only come from an intelligent creator IMO.

If you cant see that then I cant show you, you have to see it for yourself.
            Yes, but who created the creator?
            Did he appear by chance?

And if he created this world, why wouldn't he create a perfect world? Why would his followers be split on what to believe?

Are Muslims wrong, because they don't believe in your creator?
            Are you wrong, because you don't believe what they believe in?

For anyone with a logical mind it should be completely obvious that religions have no real base. It's amazing how religions change over time to try to stay somewhat socially acceptable. Would God want it that way?

What a crock.
            That is all. *poof*
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The problem with Evolutionists is that they cant accept any scientific evidence that proves evolution false! Most evolutionists are grossly educated in falsehoods or are biased and will find any reason not to believe in god.

Look im not here because i believe in god. Im arguing because evolution is scientifically false.

Caligastia

You believe in Thestic Evolution. Unfortunetly because Evolution is false that doesnt hold eaither.

Asher

It is logical that their is a creater. On this planet we see creation all around us. When has anything complex ever spontaniously evolved or come about by accedent.

If any of you had any idea how complex even the simplest single celled organism is then perhaps you could put aside your biased believes and open your eyes to the facts.
              "Its a great day for Hockey"
              - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
                Asher

It is logical that their is a creater. On this planet we see creation all around us. When has anything complex ever spontaniously evolved or come about by accedent.

If any of you had any idea how complex even the simplest single celled organism is then perhaps you could put aside your biased believes and open your eyes to the facts.
                WHO CREATED THE CREATOR?!

Someone answer that for me.

You toss it out was impossible for the world to naturally occur, but it's possible for a super-human creator to magically appear and snap his fingers, creating an imperfect world?

Why would you worship such an *******? If I created this world, I'd have done a MUCH better job.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Draco, scurry away and present me with this 'scientific evidence' and I will debunk it. Deal?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger

So you reject an entire scientific theory based solely on the fact that you want to feel special? How marvelous.
                    That is hardly the reason. The argument of evolution/creationism is not about what has happened. It is about what willhappen. The whole point comes down to an argument of what happens when you die. If Evolution is true, then when you die, that's it, goodbye, no more. (and if that is the case, why in the world waste your time on these forum, go out and do something valuable with the few short years you have), However, if creationism is true, then there is something beyond death.
                    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Yes, but who created the creator?
                      Did he appear by chance?

And if he created this world, why wouldn't he create a perfect world? Why would his followers be split on what to believe?

Are Muslims wrong, because they don't believe in your creator?
                      Are you wrong, because you don't believe what they believe in?

For anyone with a logical mind it should be completely obvious that religions have no real base. It's amazing how religions change over time to try to stay somewhat socially acceptable. Would God want it that way?

What a crock.
                      That is all. *poof*
                      Nobody created the creator, the creator exists outside time and space as we know it.

God did not create a perfect world because if he did it would be a world of robots with no free will. God created us in order to experience what it is like to be us.

Muslims are not wrong, and christians are not wrong, all religions have some element of truth in their teaching. The trick is to sort out what is truth and what isnt.

Comment

There is no afterlife. That much is patently obvious.

How would anyone know there is an afterlife? They're DEAD when they go there.

The concept of afterlife was created so the leaders of the cults would have a way of getting people to do what they say and follow their morals. If you don't do this or that, you will BURN IN HELL. If you do do this or that, you will relax peacefully in heaven for all of eternity.

I really do wonder how people can honestly believe that.

No one can go to the afterlife and come back, even if it was true, so how would you know about it? It's the figment of someone's imagination.

Comment

WHO CREATED THE CREATOR?!

Someone answer that for me.

You toss it out was impossible for the world to naturally occur, but it's possible for a super-human creator to magically appear and snap his fingers, creating an imperfect world?

Why would you worship such an *******? If I created this world, I'd have done a MUCH better job.

What is the point of creating a perfect world?

Perfection does not come overnight, it comes from long, long, long experience.

Comment

I don't know what's the funniest thing about this . I've got a few choices:

1. That you think the theory of evolution is wrong.
                            2. That (ignoring the point of whether it is correct or not), you think the theory of evolution is insignificant.
                            3. That you pick another theory which is known to flawed as its alternative. This point certainly demonstrates a general lack of advanced scientific knowledge.

Of course, you're right on one point: the theory of evolution has never been experimentally tested in the way a typical scientific theory would be. Of course, this really is because origin theories are completely untestable. That doesn't mean you can't collect evidence in support of a theory however, and there is an overwhelming amount of evidence that indirectly supports evolution. If evolution was so flawed, how was it able to overcome the massive opposition to its acceptance, first in the scientific world and later to the general public?

Of course, your argument in favour of intelligent creation is so flawed, it's laughable. Let me summarize: 'There is no scientific [i.e., experimental] evidence in favour of evolution, therefore evolution is flawed. Since the only other altnerative is intelligent creation, intelligent creation must be what really happened.' Sorry to break it to you, but the lack of experimental evidence in support of evolution does not imply that evolution is incorrect, your reductio ad absurdum is utter crap. Sure, evolution may not have the same kind of experimental verification that quantum mechanics has, but I'd like to point out that intelligent creation extremely little evidence in support of it and it doesn't even fit the facts very well. Of course, the fact that it doesn't fit the known facts well, and evolution does just lends added credence to our notion that evolution is correct: there are no other theories that fit what we already know!

Other points: there is a fundamental difference between biblical creation and intelligent creation (which is what you're proposing, it seems), and you have to be a real idiot to mistake the two. This also seems to apply to you however, so the evidence fits.

I find the way you suggest relativity as a 'proven' alternative though. Good work . Only one problem: relativity is known to be flawed - it is inconsistent with quantum mechanics which is accepted to be the 'better' theory of the two. Relativity is simply an incredibly accurate approximation of reality. Nice try, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                              Nobody created the creator, the creator exists outside time and space as we know it.
                              So this is acceptable, but it's not acceptable to say the world exists in THIS time and space as we know it, without a creator?

That is completely and utterly illogical.

God did not create a perfect world because if he did it would be a world of robots with no free will. God created us in order to experience what it is like to be us.
                              Huh?
                              A perfect world would allow free will, but no one would kill by default and everyone would be tolerant of those around them.

What kind of masochist are you?

Muslims are not wrong, and christians are not wrong, all religions have some element of truth in their teaching. The trick is to sort out what is truth and what isnt.
                              Is that why atheism is becoming more and more popular each day as people learn more about the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
                                The problem with Evolutionists is that they cant accept any scientific evidence that proves evolution false! Most evolutionists are grossly educated in falsehoods or are biased and will find any reason not to believe in god.
                                Do you really know what you are talking about? Do you have any idea of the amount of supporting evidence for evolution, and the manipulation of scientific principles, incorrectly, to produce 'creationist science'. Like how they use the 2nd law of thermodynamics to state evolution can't occur. Without really understanding the principle thoroughly.

Look im not here because i believe in god. Im arguing because evolution is scientifically false.
                                Again incorrect, totally incorrect.

Better than most taking into account my educational background. But the question is, do you have any concept about how a single cell organism works? Do you have any idea of it's molecular biology, it's mechanisms of reproduction, it's metabolic pathways, translation of RNA into protein, how DNA mutation effects change, natural selection, do you really know? I presume not. Believe me, it is very complicated, and it is well documented how mutations work.

Believe me kid, the theory of evolution is no longer thought of as a vague theory. It's effectively fact.
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X