Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory of Evolution Should have never been a part of this game!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fossils
    - fossils of animals
    - preserved leaves
    - preserved mammoths
    - dating methods
    - transitional forms eg. Archaeopteryx
    - strata
    Continental Drift
    - plate tectonics
    - the way the continents fit together
    - how the rocks closer to the middle of the Atlantic are younger
    - distribution of fossils across oceans, eg. South America and South Africa
    - formation of mountains trhough folding
    the Big Bang
    - why it's false
    - also: craters on the Moon
    - lava flows on the moon, despite the fact that it's geologically inactive
    the Ice Age
    - moraine etc. features typical of Ice advancing

What this? Your kidding right?

The only thing i see to Debunk about your part about fossles is Archaeopteryx, Claimed to be transition from a dinosour to a bird. Well if you were more in touch with current scientific fact you would know that it was later to be proved just a bird and not lizzard like.

Big bang, ive already said why its false, iits insulting to intelligence to say something was created from an explosion. However there does remain the fact that everything in the univers is moving away from a specific location.

I'm amazed that with geology, biology, physics, astronomy and chemistry fitting together like jigsaws disclaim evolution, some people still believe in it.
    "Its a great day for Hockey"
    - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• Originally posted by Draco aka Se7eN
      Creation gives us purpose. It gives us morals. It Distinguishes right and wrong.
      Bull****. All you're saying by this is that you believe in Creation because you want a God to spank you when you're naughty and give you cookies when you're good. Yet despite your dismal ethics, you have the gall to pity us.

You can have your spankings and cookies without all of that magical nonsense, Draco.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBaggins
        Time has told.

We are Right.

The issue with religious folks, is they can't admit a fundamental tennent of their belief structure is patently false, or the whole house of cards will fall. Ultimately they have to evolve their religion, as they have many times before... funny that isn't it?
        You'd probably better change that to some religious folks. The clergy running the Catholic school where I took my first biology class didn't seem to have any problem with the Theory of Evolution.
        |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
        | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

• Big bang, ive already said why its false, iits insulting to intelligence to say something was created from an explosion.
          It must be false if you can't understand it!
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You think that the creator snaped his fingers and bam here we are? Try reading Genesis. Creation gives us purpose. It gives us morals. It Distinguishes right and wrong. Granted different religions have mixed and somewhat strange views of what is right and wrong its still better than what Evolution offers us. What morals does Evolution give us? How does evolution tell us whats right and wrong? It tells us the same right and wrong, morals that Adolf Hitler used when he Murdered millions of people. Tell me, how much respect for life did Hitler have. Hitler believed in Evolution very much. So much that he thought he would use it to his benifit.
            Are you kidding?

Can you read?

Did you ever read your precious Bible?

Do you know the meaning of the word 'genocide'?

Perhaps you should start with reading Joshua 10 and 11 -it's part of your precious Bible- before you discuss 'Evolution'.
            For your information: Joshua is the sixth book of the Bible, the word of God.
            And when you like to read about 'genocide', violence, killing, manslaughter etc., your Bible will prove to be a cornucopia.

When you continue reading your Bible, you might notice that God as portrayed in your Bible is 'a man of unreflective self-confidence, intrusive-to aggressive habits', 'obsessed with the physical manifestations of reproductive fertility: nocturnal emissions, menstruation, and the variety of permitted and forbidden sexual couplings'. (J.Miles; 'God, A Biography')

When you have read and truly understood your Bible you might try serious, scientific subject-matter like 'Evolution'.
            By the way, Darwin is an inspired writer; I doubt whether you will be able to rate him at his value.

Did you know God likes pancakes? (Genesis 18)
            Jews have the Torah, Zionists have a State

Comment

Big bang, ive already said why its false, iits insulting to intelligence to say something was created from an explosion. However there does remain the fact that everything in the univers is moving away from a specific location.
              Oversimplified explanation, for an oversimplified student:

An explosion is energy release.
              Energy is matter (among other things)
              Matter is life (among other things)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sinapus

You'd probably better change that to some religious folks. The clergy running the Catholic school where I took my first biology class didn't seem to have any problem with the Theory of Evolution.
                They'd already evolved... good for them.

Time was when the Catholic church were burning heretic scientists.

Comment

• Harrison I do, Draco, I do, I question, I learn, I am a strong proponent of the scientific method. I know what I consider to be true, and I know why I do, I am well versed on it and can explain and defend my viewpoint. I can change my mind for a reasonable argument. Alas, you have not presented one Draco.
                  Ok then. SO a majority of you would say im wrong. I am brainwashed.

So unbrainwash me.

Please

Give me something that would make me believe in Evolution.

I obviously cant give you something to make you believe in Creationism so maybe im wrong.
                  - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• An explosion is energy release.
                    Energy is matter (among other things)
                    Matter is life (among other things)

Ok how many explosions have been conducted that have produced matter.
                    - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• S. Kroeze

I have said that i dont believe in any one religion. I never said the bible is 100% correct. That doesnt mean there isnt a creator.

Lionburgger, from your posts i dont see that you have much understanding yourself.
                      - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• I really hate to jump into this but what the heck. i was raised with the belief that the bible was god's word and 100% accurate. Then as I hit my teens I started reading more about various topics. After 10 years of wobbling one way then the next, i finally settled on being an atheist that believes in an afterlife that isn't controlled by a supreme being. That being said, I believe in evolution and you don't need fossils for proof. Study the history of dogs. Many many years ago, I did some research on dogs (forgive my mind for no longer remembering exact number or species of dogs, but it should be easy to look up for those so inclined), and 2000 years ago there were very few dog breeds. man learned thru trial and error that breeding certain dogs together for a few generations lead to dogs that looked nothing like the original breeds. I dont claim to understand genetics, but to me if you can create a new dog breed in under 100 years, then nature could easily create breeds over millions of years especially on islands and similar "closed" environments. Its too bad the 5-legged frogs in the northern states arent left alone, it would be interesting to see if they become more common than 4-leggers in a million years. I also believe in survival of the fittest as you can see in nature today that strong animals get to breed far more often than weak ones (at least the males ones do, but as with humans, any female animal can breed as often as she wants )

Purhaps we can have the Inquisition wonder that causes all science to be lost by religious civs

Comment

• Also its funny that some of you keep comparing creationism and Magical. There is nothing magical about it.
                          - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• Breeding Dogs is called Microevolution. That is true.

You breed a dog its still a dog. would anyone like to try breeding a dog into a horse?
                            - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger
                              All you're saying by this is that you believe in Creation because you want a God to spank you when you're naughty and give you cookies when you're good.
                              God gives cookies for being good? Hmmmm, i might have to reconsider being an atheist. Why wasnt this cookie giveaway part of the bible?

Comment

• Carbon dating?

Explain how a Human Skeliton was found embeded in a rock dated to be over 200 million years old.
                                - Badger Bob Johnson -

Comment

Working...
                                X