major and minor civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major and minor civs

I've had this thought, in bits and pieces. It goes like this: games mod allowing 'disasters'; floods, volcanoes, civil wars. From these civil wars, minor civs appear; English civil wars get you scots, irish, americans for example. IF they survive, they can be quite dangerous. Comments?
    Lude Fortier, Lude Juste, Nemini Damnum!

I think that is a good idea especially from the colony standpoint. Depends on the civ tho I would think.
    JUST A LONLEY BEGGINER

Comment

This has been discussed before. It's a good idea and it should be a mod. But I'm sure a lot of people will be offended. I know most Scots and Irishmen would not be too happy about it, since they did not break away from, but rather were conquered, by the British.
      "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

I remember in Civ II, if a civ is in enough disorder, and they lose their capital, their civ splits into two. I'd like to see that make a return.

The above idea is also good.

It would also be good for barbarians to still be able to capture towns, and if a barbarian group captured enough towns, they form a civ. Perhaps make a generic leaderhead for these civs so as to avoid the heartache of making many more animated leaderheads.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
        X