X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A War Crime in Jenin?

The Camp of the Dead
    Among the Ruins of Jenin, Evidence of a War Crime
    Blasted to Rubble by the Israelis (registration required)
    The Lunar Landscape that was the Jenin Refugee Camp

So, the Israelis were just arresting terrorists?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Terrorists huh? Sounds like they want to kill every potential suicide bomber. Every Palestinian, that is.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

And the pals are just killing soldiers...

There is no high moral ground here. It's a war now. Both sides are killing whoever is in the way. It's that simple.

Sad...
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes... it is... but I'm posting this in response to those saying Israel has the moral highground because they are responding to terrorist attacks. The IDF is showing it doesn't care for human life either.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

One may raise a valid argument that Isreal is just defending itself.

One may raise a valid argument that the Pals are just fighting for the right of a home land.

Both sides have lost any right to take the high ground.

Neither side seems interested in peace.

Keep on Civin'

Comment

War crime in Netanya?
            Pax Superiore Vi Tellarum
            Equal Opportunity Killer: We will kill regardless of race, creed, color,
            gender, sexual preference,or age

Comment

I started a thread earlier on the fact that the Israelis are working on a holocaust towards the Palestinians. Here, Imran, is the start of your thousands of dead that you questioned about.
              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

The Palestinians are teaching their women and children to be suicide bombers. Palestinian leaders are wantonly warping religious beliefs to produce human bombs so that they can feather their own nest and enhance their own power and prestige.

Comment

Did you see aerial photos of the Jenin refugee camp? If not, you have no idea how complicated the fighting there is. I'll try to find some on the net.

If Israel was just killing Palestinians, why we lost 20+ soldiers? How come hundreds of bombs had to be disarmed?

The whole camp was trapped by bombs, everywhere. At one point Israeli helicopters were firing on the roads, so that all the explosives beneath them will explode, thus allowing the soldiers to continue.

Imagine yourself fighting in those conditions, under constant fire and with explosives lying everywhere, in such dense place like the Jenin refugee camp. In most cases, the "streets" were 0.5 meters wide. Soldiers had to fight from room to room.
                  So the pictures of the destruction are very surprising. I didnt expect something will be left of the camp.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

If Israel was just killing Palestinians, why we lost 20+ soldiers? How come hundreds of bombs had to be disarmed?

Oh no! Over 20 Israelis died... that means you can slaughter the whole camp!

Oh no, the Pals put bombs down, so soldiers wouldn't try to kill them. How barbaric of them!

Nice to see that you believe that Israel is on the same moral level as the Palestinians you hate.

Comment

Moral ground... HA HA HA HA... none of that left in this conflict.

When both sides actually want peace, maybe something will happen. Until then, nothing is going to change....

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Oh no! Over 20 Israelis died... that means you can slaughter the whole camp!

No, that means that you had fighting there. Not people just going and shooting whoever they want.

Oh no, the Pals put bombs down, so soldiers wouldn't try to kill them. How barbaric of them!

You missed the point. I dont blame them for putting bombs. It's another reason for the complexity of the battle and shows that the Palestinians resisted. And if they resisted, it's a battle, not a massacre.
                        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Israel has the means to kill thousands upon thousands of Palestinians, but they don't.

Arafat has the means to kill dozens of Israelis. And he does.

Israel may not hold the moral high ground but to insinuate that their actions are as reprehensible as Arafat's is insulting to our intellegence and plainly insentitive to the truth.

Comment

A fortnight ago, before Israeli forces invaded, this was a crowded, bustling place. The narrow alleys between the cinderblock homes - spanning barely the width of outstretched arms - were packed with children.

Thanks to Drudge for the link.

Israeli soldiers injured in Jenin describe this as the most nerve-wracking part of the battle. "They booby trapped every centimetre. In one metre you would find 20 small booby traps or a big balloon attached with a wire. Every metre was very dangerous," said Dori Scheuer, who was shot in the stomach by a Palestinian gunman a week ago on Monday. "It was much more dangerous for us than it was for them because they knew the territory."

People in the camp say the capability of their fighters did not run much beyond pipe bombs packed with homemade explosives. However, the fighters were organised.

Palestinians admit the camp was liberally mined two or three days before the assault. But the strategy failed because Israel had no compunction about razing homes to make roads for its tanks.

"The thing we did not count on was the bulldozer. It was a catastrophe. If the Israelis had only gone one by one inside the camp, they would never have succeeded in entering," said Mr Damaj.
                            This was from the lowermost link Imran posted.

Imran, why don't you post all four of them in full? We really need to discuss these.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

The Palestinians turned the area into Stalingrad - are you really surprised someone got killed? You know full well that Israel didn't "slaughter the whole camp," in fact, Israel avoided using artillery or aircraft in the fighting.

Comment

Working...
                              X