Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Civilization has been the biggest bunch of bastards throughout history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Civilization has been the biggest bunch of bastards throughout history?

Here's an interesting question for the ever-knowledgeable Apolyton crew to discuss. Which Civilization has proven to be the biggest bunch of bastards throughout history? And this is discussing things in the grander scheme of things, so if you think the French are snobby, save it for another thread.

My personal pick are the Spaniards, no offense to our honorable Spanish members of course. But I think things such as the destruction of the new world civilizations, and the inquistion speak for themselves. Of course, I'm sure that a good case can be made for several other civilzations though.
    Spain
    10.78%
    England
    11.76%
    America
    22.55%
    Germany
    6.86%
    China
    4.90%
    Japan
    7.84%
    Russia
    6.86%
    Italy/Rome
    6.86%
    Turkey
    2.94%
    France
    6.86%
    Portugal
    0.98%
    Persia/Iran
    0.98%
    Other (discuss in thread)
    9.80%
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Where's the Israel option?

I just can't decide

Comment

The Vikings. They aer very warlike and expand reasonably good..but not great.

Either squash them early or wait until the end game when you are killing everybody.

Don't let them bog you down in the mid game.

Comment

I vote for the Mongols .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Good point by Imran, where are the Mongols?

Comment

Oh man, I forgot the Mongols and Vikings!
            Man, that's what always happens with these polls.
            If a moderator could find it in his heart of hearts to edit the civs as to add the Mongols and Vikings, I would be eternally in his debt.
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Japan. All other modern countries despite their level of ... "improprieties" ... at some point face the music, apologize, incorporate these mistakes into lessons not to repeat. The Japanese (gov't not people) not only will not face the music, but soft peddles history to its school children so that the attrocities they committed will , down the road, only be seen as a vague foreign spawned myth.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Mongols. Thw populations of China, Middle East and Europe decreased markedly due to their attacks.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Aren't the Americans not a civilization?

"'It's the last great adventure left to mankind'
                  Screams a drooping lady,
                  offering her dreamdolls at less than extortionate prices."
                  -"The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging" (Genesis 1974)

Comment

Islam is the answer.

For almost 1400 years they have been constant aggressors and bald faced conqerors, and to this day can't get along with anyone who isn't Muslim.

No other culture spends more time and effort on racial hatred and training then Islamic states.

A history of misery, oppression and conquest.
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                      Islam is the answer.

For almost 1400 years they have been constant aggressors and bald faced conqerors, and to this day can't get along with anyone who isn't Muslim.

No other culture spends more time and effort on racial hatred and training then Islamic states.

Learned it from the Crusaders, who ate kids in the holy land.

Comment

Islam is the answer.

Do you think Christians were any better off?

I would nominate Mongols though. Despite all the crimes committed by Christians, Muslims, East Asians, Hindus, and etc, they also had major contributions to the humanity, the only contributions Mongols made to humanities were murder, rape, and pillage.

Comment

Originally posted by Faeelin

Learned it from the Crusaders, who ate kids in the holy land.
                          Ass-backwards history on your part, the crusades were an answer to Muslim agression.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Transcend
                            Do you think Christians were any better off?
                            The question was "who was the worst', was it not?
                            I love how everybody leaps to defend Muslims, when there history is so foul.

I would nominate Mongols though. Despite all the crimes committed by Christians, Muslims, East Asians, Hindus, and etc, they also had major contributions to the humanity, the only contributions Mongols made to humanities were murder, rape, and pillage.
                            Common misconception, Mongol rule was neither oppressive or criminal, in fact, they oppened trade routes to Europe and the west long closed in their brief span of pre-eminence.

Their rep comes from their ferocity towards those who would not submit to them.

Comment

The question was "who was the worst', was it not?
                              I love how everybody leaps to defend Muslims, when there history is so foul.
                              What do you propose? Go ahead and exterminate them? Just because they suck today doesn't mean they sucked 1000 years ago.

Common misconception, Mongol rule was neither oppressive or criminal, in fact, they oppened trade routes to Europe and the west long closed in their brief span of pre-eminence.

Their rep comes from their ferocity towards those who would not submit to them.
                              Why should other people submit to those foul-smelling and illiterate bastards? They were not repressive? Go and learn some Chinese and Russian history.

Comment

Working...
                              X