It's FALLOUT 3!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's FALLOUT 3!!!!!

OMG! One of the best games in history is coming back . It is called Fallout Fantasy, but apparantly it is the third version. Thanks for the French and their not listening to companies .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

WUTANG!
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

excellent, although I have my reservations. Fallout Fantasy? I sure hope they keep the theme of the other fallout games.

Comment

anyone read french? the ign translation seemed rather poor. here's what babelfish came up with:

-----------------------
        A new title made its appearance on planning of output Virgin Interactive: Fallout Fantasy. The title is announced for September 2002, it is developed by Black Isle, division set of d.Interplay roles. Interactive Virgin n.a not wished to bring more d.information on the title. This did not n.était a secrecy qu.un new Fallout was under development at Black Isle, Dave Hendee, l.un of the designers of the play, l.avait announced in the forum of discussion of the official site of Fallout 2. 3 is in development but this n.est not an official title. We cannot speak about it. it had written. The title of this new Fallout can on the other hand inform us about the type of gameplay qu.il will propose. The Fantasy suffix inevitably immediately makes think of the saga of Final Fantasy. It is thus possible that the play mixes set of roles and strategy in real time. It would be precisely fusion between the two types of play which the saga of Fallout proposed to us: set of roles with Fallout 1 and 2, and of the tactical strategy / with Fallout Tactics. The title should be presented to the show of l.E3 which will be held in Los Angeles from the 22 to May 24.
        ----------------------

Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Well, we'll know for sure in E3.

But supposedly (if I read the French right), 'Fallout Fantasy' isn't an official title yet. I wonder as well what the 'Fantasy' part is about. I mean they would definetly keep the same setting (I'd hope), so what is the fantasy?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

WWHOOHOOOOOOOO, that was my first thought when i saw this thread.....but Fantasy
            i'll just wait untill more is known about it...
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Yeah... it'll probably be nothing major though... they know what we liked .

Comment

But who's developing it, did i read it right? will it be released in September?
                <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Black Isle is making it (who made the 1st two games) and it will be released in September.

If the article is correct, of course .

Comment

From my reasonable French, the babelfish translation seems mostly pretty good. It doesn't touch very well on one fact though.

Dave Hendee says he cannot comment further on the unofficial title "Fallout Fantasy", and Virgin has given no more info either.

It goes on to say that the "Fantasy" implies a "Final Fantasy" type style of game, with elements from those three previous games mentioned involved in the final product.

My own thoughts on the picec - although I know little about the Fallout series, it is a little odd that the title wasn't commented on. Maybe they plan on changing the game type completely, or it may be that they just wanted to stimulate some extra interest with an unofficial title.

Hope this helps, especially CW.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

This is from Duck and Cover

Your worst nightmare's have been realized kids. Fallout's going to the console. Well let's start with the rumours about Fallout Fantasy first:
                      Fallout Fantasy Revealed? [09:58 AM EDT (Frans) April 11, 2002] - 13 Comments *

French site Overgame.com reports that a new release schedule they received from Virgin Interactive, which distributes Interplay's games in Europe, contains an entry for Fallout Fantasy, a role-playing game in development at Black Isle Studios for a September 2002 release. Here is a rough Babel Fish translation of the story, which doesn't offer further facts on the game as Virgin Interactive refused to comment, but speculates this is the official title of the Fallout 3 game that was mentioned in several recent Q&As (story, story). It is expected that the game will be presented at next month's E3 trade show in Los Angeles.
                      This is from Blues News. Thanks to Warren Ransom and Wormwood for mailing this to me. Want to read the article go here.

THE FACTS as stated by an Interplay employee on the condition of anonymity:
                      FALLOUT FANTASY IS IN DEVELOPMENT
                      FALLOUT FANTASY IS USING THE DARK ALLIANCE ENGINE
                      FALLOUT FANTASY IS IN DEVELOPMENT FOR A CONSOLE (MOST LIKELY PS2)
                      FALLOUT FANTASY IS BEING DEVELOPED BY DIGITAL MAYHEM
                      FALLOUT FANTASY WILL MOST LIKELY BE AN ACTION RPG

Further solidifying this rumour:
                      JE Sawyer states very publicly,
                      We are announcing one external project at E3, the project which Feargus previously has called "Quincy". We are not the developers of that project. No, no, no.

Of course, this falls in line with what I just posted. External project being developed by Digital Mayhem. Digital Mayhem being the same company that brought us exciting titles like RUN LIKE HELL, Virtual Pool III, and Super Runabout (yet more running, apparently.)
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

ugh...it's bad enoguh that they make it as an action rpg, but console !?!?!?!

i actually prefered a new RPG in another part of the world, in about the same time period of FO1 and 2

Comment

Aw, bugger. Well that blows, if it is all true .

Comment

That sucks, I actually only started and finished Fallout 1 & 2 within the last two month's. They were in a dual box a Target for $9.99 US.

They are great games with unfortunately little replay value.
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                              They are great games with unfortunately little replay value.
                              Heh, Fallout is not Baldurs Gate man, the game is non-linear, almost all the quests can be solved differently.
                              Check this out.
                              And not to mention loads of easter eggs in the game.
                              Some people never get crazy...but truly boring lives they must lived...

Comment

Working...
                              X