Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Zealand just got EU2 but which patch to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Zealand just got EU2 but which patch to use?

I got EU2 today and it ran fine. I downloaded what I thought would be the correct patch (North American 1.04) but after installing it, the game now says I have the wrong CD when I try to run it. What's with this? Which patch version should I use or do I not need one?
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

If the your version is published by Ubisoft then it already includes Patch 1.04.

Start the game and look at the top left corner when you are presented with the menu. It will say there what version you have. Hopefully 1.04

You will have to uninstall the game now you have applied the SF patch. Please do so using the Uninstall option or "bits" will be left in the registry.
    EU questions? try here:-

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/

Comment

I've uninstalled the game completely and then reinstalled it. The version is 1.00 so the question remains about which patch version to use. In the meantime, I'll have to settle with not having a patch.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.

Comment

What is the name of the publisher on the box?

Comment

I've seen a game claiming to be EU in stores, but I suspect it is EU2 (as it came out at the right time). Is it actually EU2 or did they just release the first one now?
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Publisher claims to be Strategy First.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
              I've seen a game claiming to be EU in stores, but I suspect it is EU2 (as it came out at the right time). Is it actually EU2 or did they just release the first one now?
              On the box coveer above the Title will be a date.
              If it says "1419 - 1820" then it is EU2.

There have been problems with Strategy First added copy protection. In short, in can be a pain in the backside!
              If anyone is having problems with the copy protection then inform Viper who is the Moderator of the Support Forum at the site in my signature.
              He can give you the link to someone at SF that can help.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                I ran in to exactly the same thing a few months ago. Black box with a Spaniard-type on the front by any chance? And the time period 1492-1792? That would be the original EU.
                EU seems to have been a little slow getting to the mainstream retailers in this part of the world and is only arriving now that EU2 is out.

Comment

..ah - Ravagon..

I can still post you a copy if you like? It woud be the UK version of course - not the Strategy First one

Comment

It is definitely EU 2 (I got on money back on EU 1) that has arrived here. I just received a reply from support which states:

we will be providing at patch that can be found at ozisofts website in a couple of days.

So there we go. The only question now is - what is ozisofts website address?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rusty Gamer
                      So there we go. The only question now is - what is ozisofts website address?
                      I think its just www.ozisoft.com although how you get to the patch dl section is anybody's guess ...

Gracias Mr Duck but I believe EB is currently in the process of getting off their collective hindquarters and putting me down for a pre-order
                      Shouldn't be long now!

Comment

There does appear to be a problem with the Strategy First copy of EU2 that Ozisoft are selling.
                        From posts elsewhere it looks like the copy protection is stripped from the game. That being the case then the SF patch will *Not* work as it looks for the protection.
                        This is probably quite in order. There have been errors cause by the copy protection and Ozisoft may have insisted that it was stripped. That would explain why Ozisoft say they will host their own patch.
                        We are trying to find out from SF and will let you know.

Comment

OK - mystery solved. The Oz/NZ version published by Ozisoft is NOT compatable with the Strategy First patch 1.04
                          Ozisoft are submitting their release to Strategy First to have the patch done. Unfortunately it will take about 2 weeks!
                          This is beyond the direct control of Paradox although they are aware of the problem and are taking an interest.
                          So - people with the Ozisoft version will have to play without the patches for the moment

Comment

Working...
                          X