Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TROLL > AntiSemitism > AntiPalistinianism ! Did the Jews learn from WWII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROLL > AntiSemitism > AntiPalistinianism ! Did the Jews learn from WWII?

Just something my friend said that I thought might make an interesting discussion.

Just two generations ago the Jews were kicked from their homes, and put into ghettos, and eventually killed.

Now the Palestinians are being kicked from their homes, and put into ghettos (FI: the West Bank) and they will eventually be killed.

DID THEY NOT LEARN ANYTHING FROM WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM IN WWII!
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

The Jews!?! There is no The Jews.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The parallels are rather disturbing.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

"and they will eventually be killed"

Maybe of old age....I somehow doubt this part...

I don't think Sharon has a secret file marked 'Final Solution to the Arab Problem' hidden away anywhere, for a rainy day...
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Actually, I'd say they learned plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
            "and they will eventually be killed"

Maybe of old age....I somehow doubt this part...

I don't think Sharon has a secret file marked 'Final Solution to the Arab Problem' hidden away anywhere, for a rainy day...
            He hasn't got it hidden away. It is everywhere to be seen!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              The Jews!?! There is no The Jews.
              The Israelis then. The Jewish people who came from accross Europe to Israel in 1948.

Comment

I think the Israelis learned that they can never again exist as a minority in "someone else's" state, and that unless they want to be exterminated again, they must do whatever it takes to avoid that.

Looking at history, I can't say I blame them for feeling that way. Eventually even the most liberal states turned on their Jewish people. It will happen in the United States someday too. But they learned that lesson well before WWII, from the Dreyfus Affair in France, actually.

That in no way justifies their treatment of another people, however. Just cuz someone steals from me, it doesn't mean I have the right to steal from someone else.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr

He hasn't got it hidden away. It is everywhere to be seen!

If the Israelis were looking for a "final solution," there'd be a few hundred thousand dead palestinians by now. They would not have sat back and taken these constant attacks for years now.

You people really need to get some perspective.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

MtG, while I agree that it's ridiculous to compare anything on the table in Israel currently with the genocide of Jews in Nazi Europe, doesn't the current upsurge of popularity for the idea of Israel forcibly moving millions of people from their homes and filling them with their own people chill you in the slightest?
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The point is also that this is exactly how Hitler started. And then he decided to 'clean up' after himself. But if you have a look at Nazi Germany in the late thirties the situation was much the same. The only difference is that the world wasn't cheering him on.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                        The point is also that this is exactly how Hitler started. And then he decided to 'clean up' after himself. But if you have a look at Nazi Germany in the late thirties the situation was much the same. The only difference is that the world wasn't cheering him on.
                        Oh yes they were.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

If the Israelis were looking for a "final solution," there'd be a few hundred thousand dead palestinians by now. They would not have sat back and taken these constant attacks for years now.

You people really need to get some perspective.
                          So do you. Actually a "final solution" can take many forms. The nazi originally tried to expel Jews from Europe, even proposing Madagascar as Jewish homeland, but that failed under wartime realities.

The Israelis have expelled millions of Palestinians from Israel to places like Gaza, the West Bank and Lebanon, but also throughout the Arab world. Some Jews see that as a "final solution".
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Oh yes they were.
                            Mental Note:

Don't sleep during history lesson, Don't sleep during history lesson.

DOH!

Comment

Horse, please. Not millions. Thousands.
                              But as much as I'm grieved to hear people talking about "final solutions" unashamed, I don't think that the two situations are in any way comparable. Not in the actions/stances of either side.

Comment

Working...
                              X