Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save files and reinstall questions

Hi all!
    I came to the painful realisation that some of my files of Civ 2 have been corrupted. I have to reinstall but I don't know which files to save and place again in the new civ 2 directory.

Apart from the save files (which are only the *.sav and *.SAV reight???) which other files must I save??

Thanks

Christos

P.S. The error message that I get is in greek of course and it's hard to translate (again) in english. It's something like: the same storage room is in use" or something like that.

It does depend which version of Civ you have ...
    .sav files are single player save files, but if you have MP .hot are hot-seat saves and (as I have only played twice) I forget what the extension of MP games is - anyone?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

dot net, aren't they? And if that's right, that's not bad going for a Mac man.

------------------
      Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
      Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
      Horse & Hydey Wrangler
      Finally! A Hyphen!
      Mono Rules!
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You also need to save the hallfame.dat file if you want to keep your high score records.
        main(i,_){for(!_||(--i,main(i+2,i["FHhhTBFHdhTBFBQT\2TBF&]zRF$hh*:FHhh+&FBIsbDF"]));
        i&&_>1;printf("%s",_-70?_&1?"[]":" ":(_^=_,"\n")),_/=2);} /*- Mark -*/

Comment

Thanx guys.
          And sorry for posting this also in the help section but I couldn't find my original post in this section. And today suddenlty it re-appeared

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by paiktis22 on 10-17-2000 01:30 PM
            Thanx guys.
            And sorry for posting this also in the help section but I couldn't find my original post in this section. And today suddenlty it re-appeared

try changing to "Show all topics" instead of Show topics from the last 10 days", which is the default setting. look in the upper right hand corner of the forum window for the pulldown menu. (or change your preferences (follow the preferences link) for more permanency)

------------------
            Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Actually, I did that when trying desperatly to find my message and the message still didn't appear thus the mystery!!
              But, thanx about the preferences tip it saves me time

Comment

Working...
              X