Civfanatics forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civfanatics forum

I really like Apolyton... What Do You think about Civfanatics...?
    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

This is the kind of thing that should be in the ACS Communist forum, or maybe the off-topic. It'll get moved soon enough, though.

I like apolyton, and I don't like Civfantics.

Steele
    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

You certainly mean the Community forum... but Communist forum is an awesome name either .

Comment

Ok, no problem, move it to another forum... I just dont know where to initiate this discussion... the thing here is I dont like Civfanatics
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Well, after Civ 3 release CivFanatics is now almost big as Apolyton, I really don't have anything against that site, I simply love that site as much I love Apolyton..its a great Civ resourse....and about the posting, I hardly even noticed that their forums are being moderated..

Why don't you like it??
          Some people never get crazy...but truly boring lives they must lived...

Comment

It isn't really a big deal. I should have said "I like apolyton, I don't really care about civfanatics."

And, yes, I did mean the Community forum, not the communist forum.

I would move it, if I could, but a mod has to do that. I'll see if I can find one.

Steele
            If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

The Mingster will, with no doubt, unless he has one of his merciful days .

To be not too much off topic: I am registered at CivFanatics with a post count of 0. I'm lurking now and then, but that's all.

Comment

Civfanatics NEWS seems much more prolific than here at Apolyton. Note how often Apolyton News is referencing Civfanatics, while it is rare that Civfanatics' source is Apolyton (and Apolyton doesn't HAVE IT until later).

OTH, I've never gotten into their forums, though I am registered.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                  This is the kind of thing that should be in the ACS Communist forum, or maybe the off-topic. It'll get moved soon enough, though.
                  I disagree... (maybe MarkG won't since it is a matter of opinion)
                  CFC has made it's mark since the inception of CivIII. They are an excellent site for Civ information and have great forums as well.

There is no reason why there can't be a thread in the Civ III general forum about another Civ Site. Now, if more than one was started...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Civfanatics forum

Originally posted by godinex
                    I really like Apolyton... What Do You think about Civfanatics...?
                    To be truthful, I like CFC's forums better than Apolyton. I VERY rarely look at Apolyton's main site, and sometimes look at Civfanatics main page. Now, it may be just because I have more posts at CFC (816 there vs. 20 here ) but, you know. That's just me.
                    You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

I haven't read enough at CivFanatics to tell. I do like the international feel here.

However they do have a better file system.

The files even keep the right name.

They have a game of the month for this month.

Comment

Whats all this then?

Lefty Scaevola
                        Civfanatics Minister of Intelligence and master of Assassins

Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          I disagree... (maybe MarkG won't since it is a matter of opinion)
                          As I said... it's a matter of opinion. I guess MarkG agreed with you
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                            Civfanatics NEWS seems much more prolific than here at Apolyton. Note how often Apolyton News is referencing Civfanatics, while it is rare that Civfanatics' source is Apolyton (and Apolyton doesn't HAVE IT until later).
                            First, remember that there is a timezone difference of 8 hours between GMT and EST of the servers for Apolyton and CivFanatics respectively and thus news items are time stamped accordingly. Second, it's a matter of "staff timing": when news breaks we may break the story first because "we're available first" or vice verse.

In closing, I believe ACS' and CF' news departments complement each other quite well.

----------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Re: Re: Civfanatics forum

Originally posted by Playa del Carmen

To be truthful, I like CFC's forums better than Apolyton. I VERY rarely look at Apolyton's main site, and sometimes look at Civfanatics main page. Now, it may be just because I have more posts at CFC (816 there vs. 20 here ) but, you know. That's just me.
                              Same thing, 1100+ there vs. something under 11 here.

But to be truthful, I think GC Forums is both of ours fav. site.

Comment

Working...
                              X