Next Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Patch

Does anyone know when the next patch will be out? Or even a general time frame? I just finnished my current game, and don't want to start a new one until I know that I will be able to finnish it w/o needing to install a new patch...

Really looking forward to 1.18f!
    Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Dont' know when the new patch will come out so sorry about that. However, I wonder if the reason why no one has heard anything is because the XP is due out soon.

Does anyone have any idea what may be going on at Firaxis/Infogrames?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

i very much doubt an xp before sometime 3rd quarter of 2002...

an XP this early just doesnt seem to make business sense

and in any case, if they plan to release 1.18 with a patch, they would still be announcing when the patch is coming out, me thinks

from my experience, when patches and XP's are close together, the patch comes first.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Still nothing, man what the hell is going on. I wish they would say something so we know they are alive. What are the plans firaxis?

Comment

I gave them till the end of May off.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Well, both 1.16f and 1.17f took two months to be released. Following this time line, next patch should come in the mid of April. Considering, that both patches were rushed (ok, partially due to popular demand) and broke as much as they fixed, I wish Firaxis would playtest it better this time and thus support nye's opinion to wait till end of May.

As to the XP: Better do it well and don't release it before end of 2002. May be it comes right in time for the xmas sales? That reminds me of something... what was it?

Comment

The new patch is being playtested
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

When ever the XP comes out I hope that they test it. I like Civ 3 I enjoy playing it, but it does have problems.

Comment

It does?
                  Like what?

I know when.
                  I might let you know if your good!
                  I take checks and money orders only!!
                  You likee soupee?

Comment

Somebody sure enjoys using smilies.

Comment

"Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

By monkeys on a Commodore 64!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Firaxis announced today that it is hiring 30 chimps from Central Africa as beta testers for the upcoming Expansion Pack to the best selling game of all time--Civilization 3. "These chimps are experienced gamer," said Sid Meier:"with their hard working nature, I'm confident that we will turn out a bug free XP."
                          ==========================
                          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Wouldn't this be hillarious?

"Firaxis is developing a program to do all of its playtesting for the company. This would save almost a dozen hours of playtesting for the company and revolutionize playtesting everywhere.

"Rumors are right now that they are planning to use the Civ2 AI for this task. An anonymous Firaxis employee was quoted as saying "the Civ2 AI is experienced, and should know what a game without bugs looks like."

"Some critics fear however that the new AI might be bribed by 20 gold a turn to let a few bugs slip threw".

Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by kimmygibler
                              Still nothing, man what the hell is going on. I wish they would say something so we know they are alive. What are the plans firaxis?
                              The plan is to leave Civ III so effed up, that we the Suckers, will be forced to BUY new versions, and scenario disks, from Firaxis.

Those are the plans.

I'll be in hell before I spend another dime on Civ III - I expect a game to be COMPLETED when I plunk down my fifty dollars, not be a beta playtester.

Comment

Working...
                              X