X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MedMod SP missing file errors

Ey,

Strange thing, while playing MP all weekend long, no problems,
    but today I wanted to start a SP and I am getting a bunch of errors when launching the actual game. It lets me start up CTPII, select my things and everything, when I then push launch, it will load, jump to the desktop to give a couple of errors. Then I can go back to the game and my settler will be there, but half of the screen is messed up and I won't be able to play it.

Errors are all in \civctp2\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\
    tut2_main.slc:469:ADVANCE_MONARCHY not found in AdvanceDB
    tut2_main:slc472:ADVANCE_DEMOCRACY not found in AdvanceDB
    tut2_main:slc474:ADVANCE_FASCISM not found in AdvanceDB
    tut2_main:slc476:ADVANCE_CORPORATE_REPUBLIC not found in AdvanceDB
    tut2_main:slc477:ADVANCE_TECHNOCRACY not found in AdvanceDB
    tut2_main:slc478:ADVANCE_VIRTUAL_DEMOCRACY not found in AdvanceDB

Have to mention I am playing it under Win2k, so modswap is not working and did the fileswap manually according to the .txt file included with the medmod I downloaded.

Also have no idea if I have the latest version of the medmod, since I don't find a version nr anywhere.

Anybody ??

The mod doesn't work with the tutorial. That is your problem. Also, the latest version of the mod is 2.1, the update, along with a couple of updated files attached with posts of mine in the update thread.

Comment

Hmm, seems easy,

But can you tell me how to turn off the tutorial then ?
      I tried turning it off in the game options before starting, but it still gives the errors and if I go to the game options inside the game, it is still on ...

Comment

Strange thing,

In my userprofile.txt, I found a line for TutorialAdvice which I put on =No.
        Trying out the game afterwards, it still gave the errors. and when I checked the .txt it had put itself back to Yes without me touching the setting in the game ...

Does it have to do with the difficulty level that I choose ?

Comment

I think the toturial is on if you are playing on beginner level. Maybe you should raise the difficuilt level. By the way you should write protect the userprofile.txt than the game can't modify it. Unfortunatly that it means also if you change the settings in the game like unit anim, unit speed, mouse speed and so on than you can't do it from the game if you want to keep these settings in your next CTP2 session, but it solves me from raising the playernumbers every time and it makes shure that pollution is on.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ok, Will try that out !!

Tnx for the hint about making the file read-only. normally wont need to change my settings anyway, I think.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but hey, I have only just installed the game and am only now finding out the addiction of this version (been addicted to the other civ's already) ... )

Comment

Working...
            X