Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Dal.

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    If you are so weak that the only way you can fight back is by blowing up innocent civilians, then I would suggest that you are too weak to fight at all.
    Well, they are weak because of the US sponsoring Israel and keeping them with nothing but rocks. So it's not their choice they are weak or that their country is occupied. But they keep on fighting despite whether you think they shouldn't.

The Palestinians would be much better off if they adopted a practice of non-violent protest like Gandhi adopted in India. This would be very effective considering the support the Palestinians already enjoy in Europe and the Middle East and would not give the Israelis any reason to make incursions into the West Bank or Gaza Strip.
    I agree. Yet with them being humiliated and killed in their own country, emotions run high and they want revenge just like the Israelis do.
    The difference is that they don't have the guns, thus the results.

I doubt this will ever happen though, as Arab society seems to value suicide martyrs more than they do Gandhi-like proponents of non-violent protest.
    As long as the US supports a fascist regime like the present on of Israel it will continue to be like this, yes. US is too far to pay for this as well but in a globilized world everyone is interlinked.

Comment

Paiktis put a sock in it. The Palestinians have plenty of guns sent over by Saddam Hussein. And Israel is a democracy, the Palestinian Authority is an autocratic regime.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Fine I stop.

May Peace reign supreme.

Comment

I agree. Yet with them being humiliated and killed in their own country, emotions run high and they want revenge just like the Israelis do.
          So basically you're saying that revenge killings are all right for Palestinians. Yet, you won't support Israel's attempts to arrest terrorists. That makes a lot of sense.

Also, you claim that the Pals don't have guns?!? Where the hell are you getting your information? They have many guns, many explosives, and many other weapons. They just find killing civilians easier than fighting the IDF...

In conclusion, I'm sorry that I'm making you defend these stupid statements. This is just a troll, after all.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Always paiktis , dear, always...

Originally posted by paiktis22

Well, they are weak because of the US sponsoring Israel and keeping them with nothing but rocks. So it's not their choice they are weak or that their country is occupied. But they keep on fighting despite whether you think they shouldn't.
            errm...what country?
            the difference is that we don't target civilians.

As long as the US supports a fascist regime like the present on of Israel it will continue to be like this, yes. US is too far to pay for this as well but in a globilized world everyone is interlinked.
            long live the free republic of turkish cyprus! we shall never forget!!!!!

urgh.NSFW

Comment

So basically you're saying that revenge killings are all right for Palestinians. Yet, you won't support Israel's attempts to arrest terrorists. That makes a lot of sense.
              I say why they happen.

Also, you claim that the Pals don't have guns?!? Where the hell are you getting your information? They have many guns, many explosives, and many other weapons. They just find killing civilians easier than fighting the IDF...
              They can't compare with the US backed Israeli army. It's like throwing rocks at tanks....

In conclusion, I'm sorry that I'm making you defend these stupid statements. This is just a troll, after all.
              Easily defendable still

Comment

hey , that's not fair ! THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Originally posted by paiktis22
                Fine I stop.

May Peace reign supreme.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Have to go. I actually have a date tonight
                  (and no clothes to wear).

Comment

They can't compare with the US backed Israeli army. It's like throwing rocks at tanks....
                    Very few guerrilla forces match up with the armies they are fighting. That's why they have to fight a guerrilla campaign. The Vietnamese couldn't compare to the US. The Afghans couldn't compare with the Russians. Yet neither of these groups resorted to terrorism. The Pals are just lazy, looking for easy kills instead of actually fighting. There's nothing brave about blowing up a bunch of people shopping for groceries.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I don't seem to understand.

clothes are just a phase . who cares?
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yet neither of these groups resorted to terrorism. The Pals are just lazy, looking for easy kills instead of actually fighting.
                        Well, to be fair, guerilla wars are much harder on the civilian populace than wars of terorism. As bad as Israel is to the Pals now, if an actual guerilla war were being waged, they'd be ever so worse. The Pals would be rounded up and put in controled camps, if not simply expelled.

It's not like the Israelis were so nice when the PLO was trying to wage a guerilla campaign. Abuse and torture in the territories was rampant in the 70s and 80s, as well as indefinate detentionas and expuslions.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

All I'm saying is that I would be a lot more supportive of the Pals if they either stopped violent opposition all together or switched to a guerrilla struggle that targetted the Israeli military. I can't abide the current tactics used by the Palestinians since they are solely and intentionally targetted at Israeli civilians. I completely understand that some civilians will be killed in any war, but to intentionally target civilians while avoiding any engagement with your opponent's military just seems wrong to me. Not to mention cowardly and counter-productive.

By the way, thanks for the input che. The discussions here are always a lot more interesting and intelligent when you're around.

edit: I didn't really address your post much the first time around. so I'll do it quick. I agree that any guerrilla campaign by the Pals would make the situation worse for them. As has been mentioned, they simply don't have the resources to fight the Israelis. That's why I think the best thing the Pals could do would be to adopt non-violent measures to push for independence. They can't win by fighting, so there is no point in doing so. The only thing they are accomplishing through terrorism is to anger Israel and ensure that there will never be a Palestinian state.
                          Last edited by Drake Tungsten; March 30, 2002, 15:42.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Like throwing rocks at tanks?

Then the solution is simple. All they gotta do is abstract the warfare using the Civ3 combat engine and they'll win far more often than they do now....

-=Vel=-
                            The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx

Then the solution is simple. All they gotta do is abstract the warfare using the Civ3 combat engine and they'll win far more often than they do now....

-=Vel=-

The Israelis could use this principle as well. If they use the Civ2 combat engine, they could construct city walls around all the cities in the West Bank and could then bombard the cities at will without fear of civilian casualties! Magically, only the terrorists would be hit. The city improvements would even stay intact!
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx

-=Vel=-
                                ROFL

Comment

Working...
                                X