Help (diplomatic Victory)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help (diplomatic Victory)

I'VE CAPTURED THE CITY with United Nations, but at the end of turn noting happened! i mean no election! why?

You have to build the UN in order to have the option of holding the election. Apparently, the civ who built it said, no, no need for an election. The opportunity for an election only comes once per game.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The opportunity for an election only comes once per game.
      Are you sure that is the case? I played a game where I built the UN, I got the chance to have an election but since I wanted to continue playing I refused to have it. Then a hundred turns or so later, the same screen plopped up again, asking me if I wanted an election. I think this happened at least twice in the game. And, if you fail to win the first election, then you must have a second chance, right?

Comment

Ok. Maybe it will give you second chances if you decline to hold the election. I usually play with diplo disabled. When it is enabled I hold the election and the game is over.

If you hold the election the game is over. If you win, you win. If the other guy wins, you lose the game.

Actually, I've never lost (the vote), so my report is based on other people's experiences.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Not quite the case...

In my latest game, in which I did acheive a Diplo victory, the vote screen popped up at least three times. The first time was no decision, the second I decided not to hold the vote, and the third time, I won. So the UN Elections will come up at least three times if not more.
          KoH
          "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquistive idiots."

Comment

Well, I guess I'll find out first hand very soon. Am playing with Diplo on, but do not intend to let the game end there, so I'll decline to hold the vote. I'll see how many times it comes up between 1750 and 2050.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
              If you hold the election the game is over. If you win, you win. If the other guy wins, you lose the game.
              Actually there's a third possible outcome: 'Vote inconclusive - no majority was found'. Possible reasons are:[list=a][*]A tie occurs because of an even number of voters,[*]Too many civs abstain,[*]Three civs are eligible.[/list=a]
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

I would imagine if you capture the UN you gain the ability (whenever it asks) to host a vote. I guess just be patient.
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                X