Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to know each other: your clothes

What kind of clothes do you wear?

I really don't know much about fashion, so I can't make this a poll. Do you wear nerd clothes, goth clothes. stoner, skater, surfer? do you wear only hawain shirts? Do you wear zoot suits? do you wear leisure suits?

Discuss

I know what you are thinking. I'm asking this so I can identify you when I come to assissinate you. Be assured, I have no plans for that...yet.

But they say a person's clothes say a lot about a person. So this seemed like a thread to get to know each other- in a way.

believe it or not, i don't stick to one thing
    i'm told i'm goth
    but currently i'm sitting here, wearing a black ozzy osbourne shirt...but also plaid blue and green shorts with a little tasmanian devil on them and a white, grey, and light blue plaid flannel...no makeup.

i also typically wear black band t's and blue jeans...
    but i can easily switch to corsets, mesh, vinyl..the whole goth gear. it just depends on what i feel like doing.
    "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

I wear a wide variety of clothing. Sometimes I'm described as looking like a skater (hoodie + baggy cargo pants). Othertimes I wear a wool sweater and jeans, generic long sleeve shirts and jeans, sometimes a cap (sometimes backwards, sometimes normal), sometimes a t-shirt with another open shirt on top of it.

It's hard to place me into one of those cliques.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You two have fun now

Dont do anything I wouldnt
        do
        Die-Bin Laden-die

Comment

I'm wearing only my boxers and sitting here touching myself and thinking about you... Krhm.

I usually wear blue sweater, blue jeans and gray socks. At least on wintertimes.
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Cargos plus a sweater. Never been called a skater, though.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Stefu
              I'm wearing only my boxers and sitting here touching myself and thinking about you... Krhm

Really, Stefu, that's not necessary.
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I guess I should post my response. Aside from work clothes. I almost always wear denim jeans. about 50% black and 50% blue jeans. I do have the baggy type blue jeans, but not the type that fall down. How the hell can I lead a life of crime when I cannot run without my pants falling down? I hate those clothes that hang off your ass. And I like baggy, but not too baggy. If I wear shorts, they are usually levi shorts, except when I wear cotton type when working out or playing basketball.

As for shirts, I often wear some kind of nice button up shirt. with a t-shirt underneath. It may look a little geeky, but I like to give off the impression I have money . I pick up more women this way. I wasn't getting any women just wearing black concert t's. . I also occasionally wear golf shirts that look nice.

As for shoes I used to always wear basketball shoes no matter what I'm wearing . I like to make fast getaways. But lately I have been getting into boots. Work or combat boots. But I may actually buy a pair of cowboy boots soon . I have been thinking about it. Even though I don't really listen to country.

I rarely wear hats or caps. Except when I'm hiking I wear a baseball cap (more of a NFL cap though).

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  Cargos plus a sweater. Never been called a skater, though.
                  For some reason you do seem like the type to wear sweaters all the time.
                  Maybe it's because in the pic you've posted you had a sweater on (I think?).
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm also a useless science guy. The pure math and physics guys are all clad in sweaters. Comfy sweaters. Everybody else has to dress to impress or dress to rebel. We just dress so we aren't naked.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Or because you don't know any better.

I don't think anyone who doesn't dress in sweaters "dresses to rebel". If they wanted to rebel they'd dress in the birthday suit. It just goes to fit personalities most of the time. Useless science people are generally socially useless, so they wear bland, predictable, and cheap clothing.

Comment

all different shades of green

and comfortable

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Asher

I'm talking about the Arts students. Most of them are the wild-haired mulitple-piercing people.

Seriously though: I really don't give a **** what I wear, and this attitude seems to run rampant among physicists. There's one post-doc at McGill who is easily 100 pounds overweight and wears the same t-shirt that's full of holes every day. Nobody seems to care. Try that working as a businessman or even an engineer.

Oh, and maybe it's just cause we don't get this whole "what you wear has to demonstrate who you are" thing. I really don't consider myself socially useless (although that label would fit some of the people there).
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Jon knows what I'm talking about. When you're trying to draw a fourth-order Feynman diagram you've got better things on your mind than the latest fashion trends.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I know what you mean about the arts students.

Actually a friend and I have a little game where we play "guess the arts/social science students", where judging by the clothing we pick out said students. We'd take turns, then go talk to the person and find their major. I'm 24/30, he's 20/28.

One guy we talked to had a black ratty t-shirt that said "Communism rules!" in red. That's not a very good shirt to wear in Alberta.

You can find most SS/Arts students by their funky hats. Those Jamaican-style hats, berets, etc. Then you go by the anti-status quo slogans on their shirts ("Conformity sucks", etc). Pretty easy!

Engineers here are notorious for dressing poorly and having poor hygiene as well. Especially the girls in Engineering. They seem to take the "don't care" approach as well. I do care though, because damnit, it looks awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X