Medieval Mod killed my army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval Mod killed my army

Folks, I was playing medieval mod with a few alterations on map size and max cities and I lost my entire army! At one point I just hit the next turn button and every non-special unit I had was killed off (except of course the militia style units).

Any explanations?

I'm trying it again but... I really don't know if anything will be differnent.

-prime mover

P.S. I don't think it was the disband SLIC code as I still could build several of the units.
    "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
    I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

- from Prime Mover by Rush

Alright... I've tried several minor changes in my turns. I still cannot get past the year 615BC without my entire army dying. Which reminds me... I have also altered the flow of time.

This is really frustrating!
    -prime mover
    "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs, and run behind the scenes.
    I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound, activate the window, and watch the world go round."

Comment

The disband code is based upon the game turn, not the year, so if you have altered the timeline this may be your problem. I don't think I have heard of this type of problem before, so it must be the disband code.

Comment

thanks primemover

Your post is the funniest I have read in ages. Man, the disappearing army, what a laugh.

Are there any ufos in your game?

First time I played that mod I was really pissed off 'cos I never read the readme properly and found that troops and buildings just kept disappearing. Losing those mills before factories were on line spoilt my whole game.

But your prob takes the biscuit, just the thought of it cracks me up.

Comment

Anything but funny

I wouldn't categorize this as "funny" thats for sure, definitely frustrating to say the least. I went from around 250 military units to 100 military units in one turn, and they weren't ancient units. They were cavalry and artillery, etc. the only thing left was ancient units and militia units. Definitely a disappearing army trick. I am way ahead in tech and score, by a very large margin. This is the second game thats been messed up by this. Could I have downloaded to many mods? Are they interfering with each other? Copied over files? Help!!?? Thanks!!
          vae victis!!

Comment

allhailcaesar,
            Same question to you as to primemover: have you messed with the timeline or SLIC code? Failing that, do you have the patch? What mod(s) are you using? MP or SP?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

disappearing army

Wouldn't know how to mess with slic code, just download mods and use modswapper to choose which to play, have med mod v 2.0 and cradle of civilization, large map etc, quite a few mods. I think the cradle civ starts earlier than 4000bc, like 7Kbc? Turn number this seems to happen on is 550. I do have the latest patch for CTP2. I really enjoy these mods, almost like a whole new game but I probably messed up some where. This hasn't happend on any other mods for me except Med Mod. Can't remember for sure, alot of Civ 3 mixed in with CTP2! Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
              vae victis!!

Comment

Thanks for the posts... here's my solution

I actually found what was causing the problem and made a new post that tells of what I have found. There has been some discussion on the issue so if you are interested in what is going on, follow this link: entitled "figured out my dead army... a question for WesW and other modders" .

TO SUM IT UP IN A FEW SENTENCES:

The cause in my case is a routine in a medieval mod SLIC file that was meant to force the AI to rebuild new units (so it wouldn't have the usual myriads of hopelessly old units to protect its own cities.) Changing the game play parameters should not make a difference because the trigger happens at certain turn numbers. I was handicapping myself to make it harder and where normally a player would have the technology to build other players, I was just barely getting it.

So if you are wondering what we are discusssing to make this feature better... follow the link above.

Comment

Working...
                X