Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Science target after Polytheism/Alternate target in case of unselectable targets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science target after Polytheism/Alternate target in case of unselectable targets.

So I think it might be good to be a few steps ahead, o we can do the science polls 48 hours.

Researching
    ---------------
    Republic

Targeting
    ---------------
    1. Masonry
    2. Polytheism
    3. -

Have
    ---------------
    Alphaphet
    Bronze Working
    Ceremonial Burial
    Code of Laws
    Currency
    Horseback Riding
    Iron Working
    Literacy
    Map Making
    Monarchy
    Mysticism
    Philosophy
    Pottery
    Seafaring
    Trade
    Warrior Code
    Writing
    Banking
    6.67%
    Construction
    6.67%
    Feudalism
    0.00%
    Mathematics
    6.67%
    Medicine
    0.00%
    Monotheism
    26.67%
    The Wheel
    0.00%
    Feudalism - Chivalry
    0.00%
    Construction - Bridge Building
    0.00%
    Mathematics - Astronomy
    6.67%
    Mathematics - The University
    0.00%
    Mathematics - Astronomy - Navigation
    13.33%
    Mathematics - Astronomy - The University - Theory of Gravity
    0.00%
    Monotheism - Feudalism - Theology
    6.67%
    The Wheel - Construction - Engineering
    0.00%
    The Wheel - Construction - Engineering - Invention
    26.67%

The poll is expired.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Let me get this straight:

You want us to vote for something after Polytheism being researched, but in case Polytheism isn't researchable, even if Monotheism wins this poll (wich would be useless), all the combo Mathematic-Astronomy needs is to be in second place, so it can become the path of science, meaning that only after Astronomy being researched we will research Polytheism!

Why don't you forget about combos when you poll about wich science to pursuit in case of an unselectable target, like you did last time, Gramphos?
    I honestly don't know what might the outcome be!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Well, the combos will not be followed fully in case it is unselectable, but ony the first tech, and as soon as selectable again we will continue to Polytheism.

If Monotheism winns I'll have to add that to the current target, and make a poll for target 4, as a backup is needed, but hopefully won't be used.

Comment

Agreed.

I just don't understand why do we need the wheel for! It already has 3 votes!
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
          Agreed.

I just don't understand why do we need the wheel for! It already has 3 votes!
          What can I say. The science polls are unpredictable...

Comment

This is an island world. Navigation will have great value, and the earlier the better!

We probably won't get offerred monotheism immediately upon getting polytheism anyway.
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

be4 anything else we need our ppl happy(otherwise it's useless even to have the most advanced weaponery and fleet if we can't build collonies on the other side of the globe.)

some statistics:
              there are # ways to vote for ??
              1 Banking
              4 Construction
              3 Feudalism
              5 Mathematics
              1 Medicine
              2 Monotheism
              3 The wheel
              1 Chivalry
              1 Bridge Building
              3 Astronomy
              2 The University
              1 Navigation
              1 Theory of Gravity
              1 Theology
              2 Engineering
              1 Invention

Confussing don't you think?.
              also take a look at some of the combos?
              combo 1 A->B->C
              combo 2 A->B->C->D

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                there are # ways to vote for ??
                I've already counted them and then decided to add the Theology combo to give the Monotheism voters more options.

Confussing don't you think?.

No, not at all.
                also take a look at some of the combos?
                combo 1 A->B->C
                combo 2 A->B->C->D

It is intended. Someone maybe doesn't want to go the full way, so I always keep optins for anywhere at the path. That also prevents me for doing too long combos.

Shade

Gramphos

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

It is intended. Someone maybe doesn't want to go the full way, so I always keep optins for anywhere at the path. That also prevents me for doing too long combos.
                  little question :"do you keep those votes when you put up the poll for the next tech?"(since it looks like we poll for each tech)

Gramphos

Shade
                  "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

Originally posted by shade
                    little question :"do you keep those votes when you put up the poll for the next tech?"(since it looks like we poll for each tech)
                    We haven't poled for each tech, and no, I don't count in votes from earlier polls, However I look at them when deciding if I should add more combos including some techs, and remove combos including others. I might remove the Engineering combo, as it hasn't had a vote since the Invention combo were introdused.

Shade

Gramphos

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

We haven't poled for each tech, and no, I don't count in votes from earlier polls, However I look at them when deciding if I should add more combos including some techs, and remove combos including others. I might remove the Engineering combo, as it hasn't had a vote since the Invention combo were introdused.
                      ==>that's a relief...Phew(my pour brain would go nuts)

Gramphos

Shade

Comment

I'll have to do a poll between Monotheism and Construction now...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
                          you really love each other
                          of course we do

Shade

Comment

Working...
                          X