Build Orders for New Castellon - Grande Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Orders for New Castellon - Grande Finale

'kay, the previous poll took out any improvements and wonders; now it's just the non-combat units, and the best defensive units available to us at this time.
    Settlers (14 turns)
    11.11%
    Phalanx (7 turns)
    11.11%
    Archers (10 turns)
    11.11%
    Legion (14 turns)
    5.56%
    Diplomat (10 turns)
    55.56%
    Caravan (17 turns)
    5.56%
    Explorer (10 turns)
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

If we are going to take on the Indians, we should have an embassy to keep track of their assets and research. I think a Diplomat is called for at this time.
    Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

An army of diplo's would be nice
      (fighting a war with money instead of troops that's what I call alternative warfare(or is that warfair?))

-I will look upon my fear, and let it move over,around and through me.And then on it's path all will be clear- (Dune)

Shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

We need a Diplomat

to get information for foreign affairs or wars, (you decide which)! I would personal go for War
        Play the Demo Games!!
        Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
        Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

I would go for a diplo myself, too. It seems that it is also the opinion of the people. Democracy can be a rewarding experience if all parties are consenting.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

If everyone agrees, polls become meaningless and things get boring.

Given the lack of savegame info and variety of skill levels of the citizenry, we must embrace a diversity of stupid, ill-informed opinions!!

This is the Essence of Democracy!

That being said...

DIPLO
            DIPLO
            DIPLO !!!!!!!!!
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

And while everyone is voting =>
              SO ALL OF YOU GO VOTE FOR THE NEW VICE

(just spaming to get ppl to vote for the new vice )

Shade
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Comment

the indians is the weakeste civ

building a diplo to build an embassy is a waste of time
                they are not going to be a civ anymore in a few turns

build legions and take them out

with just three legions we can conquere all their cities
                Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

And who says we are going to whipe them out??

at the moment our population has opted for PEACE with both alien nations.

Shade

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
                    build legions and take them out

with just three legions we can conquere all their cities
                    Yep, looks like some fellow citizens are voting for military units, thanks to the "competence" of our self-proud Minister! Thank God this is just a game...
                    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

BTW,

aren´t we going to spend too much time with this way of deciding what to build in every city??
                      Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                      miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot

Yep, looks like some fellow citizens are voting for military units, thanks to the "competence" of our self-proud Minister! Thank God this is just a game...
                        luckily he has put in more tthen one so they are all voting different ones spreading their votingpotential.

Shade

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
                          BTW,
                          aren´t we going to spend too much time with this way of deciding what to build in every city??
                          (Former) President Naldur is correct - it could be a possibility to simply remove my post, have the President make the city build orders on the general guideline of construction and development with common sense to modify to differenet arising situations, and delegate the remainder of tasks to the other ministers; for instance, city infrastructure to the Expansion Minister.

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia

(Former) President Naldur is correct - it could be a possibility to simply remove my post, have the President make the city build orders on the general guideline of construction and development with common sense to modify to differenet arising situations, and delegate the remainder of tasks to the other ministers; for instance, city infrastructure to the Expansion Minister.
                            maybe in an important city how is like New Castellon we could ask what to build, but if for example in Apolyton, or Sodaq we start asking what to build the game is going to take for ever
                            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X