Mathematics/Polytheism as next target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathematics/Polytheism as next target

From the latest science pool most votes for the same path were for Monotheism (prereq: Polytheism), but if you summed all votes including Mathematics, (all with Astronomy+Mathematics) Math had two votes more then Monotheism. As none of them had >50% of the votes, and they were close: I do another poll between the two. 24 hours. Need at least 50% of the voters from the other poll to count.
    Mathematics
    18.75%
    Poltyheism
    81.25%

The poll is expired.

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Let's go boys! Polytheism is the way! We need to get to Monotheism, so we can build Michelangelo's Chapel ASAP!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Let's go boys! Mathematics is the way! We need to get to Astronomy, so we can build Copernicus' Observatory ASAP!

(just playing devil's advocate... )
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Science is important, Marquis, but what good is to have a wonder, if cities revolting produce no science at all?

Do you want the best for Apolytonia, or for Utopia?
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Poly,Poly,Poly!!!!

(I rather want my troops to explore and fight foreign troops then to suppres our unhappy population.)

Shade
          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

If we get Hanging Gardens, we can have early republic without huge happiness problems. In fact, we can get early growth through LWTxD. But if no HG, we MUST have Mike's Chapel.

I agree that the science path is key to overall success, but HAPPINESS FIRST.

Mr. President, Are we building any wonders?
            Is anybody else?

kassiopeia (I think that's the right one), What does city planning think?

Give us information or live with the will of an uninformed electorate!!!

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              Mr. President, Are we building any wonders?
              Is anybody else?
              We aren't...I don't know about the other nations.

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Then we should be working on HG -- now! (Grabbing Colossus if we miss it.)
                It's 375 BC. The early WOWs are key!

Earlier I was told one AI was working on the Great Wall.

As for this poll, I'm inclined to say we go Poly-Mono, since the Crusader is the only worthwhile mobile attacker in the early game. and it sets us up for Mike's if we need it.

kassiopeia -- The rabble call for a city planning poll!!
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                  Science is important, Marquis, but what good is to have a wonder, if cities revolting produce no science at all?

Do you want the best for Apolytonia, or for Utopia?
                  Not to worry, Mike's Chapel is more important to me in this game. I love to build a SSC, but that is usually with a small civ. We seem to be bound for wide expansion in this game...

(BTW, "devil's advocate" means arguing in favor of a position one does not necessarily agree with.)
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

I still think we want to go after Copernicus' Observatory, but obviously no-one agrees with me.

Steele
                    If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

The value of Mike's will increase as we build more cities, and it appears we will be doing that soon with some of the wandering settlers.
                      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Polytheism for my money. This leads to Monotheism, which keeps all options open. Mike's for a peaceful Republic - or Vet Crusaders if things turn nasty.
                        --------------------

SG(2)
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                          I still think we want to go after Copernicus' Observatory, but obviously no-one agrees with me.

Steele
                          No, wrong, I think everybody agrees with you. It's just that the timing is not the better one! We are expanding fast, and cities are already revolting because we have too many of them! This is the Deity level, not chieftain!

CO will be built latter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            kassiopeia (I think that's the right one), What does city planning think?
                            I voted Polytheism, as most of our esteemed citizenry has. It serves for military purposes (Polytheism - Elephants, Monotheism - knights IIRC) and happiness levels.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

So, then it's settled. We go for Polytheism after Masonry.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X