Carrier as Naval Transport??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrier as Naval Transport??

Does anyone know how to make carrier capable of carrying land units just like the transport?
    And more importantly, if I give carrier the ability to carry land unit, would paratroopers be able to take off and land on the carrier?
    Last edited by Dida; March 5, 2002, 21:08.
    ==========================
    www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Don't know . . . . but will find out soon: am playing an editor rules change now where I make carriers "can carry foot mode only" and "load" and "unload", then per Korn make fighters "foot soldiers" (no more B17's off carriers). Going to see if this will work. I also gave marines airdrop capability of range 3 to represent a heliocopter assault ability. Carriers could (if this works) no represent general purpose assault ships.

Comment

it is great if you can do this. Imagine bring a carrier loaded with paratroopers close to enemy shore, and airdrop behind his defense.
      www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

Would agree, and lets hope. So far I haven't seen AI use paras a lot.

Comment

I gave para higher attack value, now the AIs are building them like crazy. You know, they were useless before, that's why the AIs are not building them.
          www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

Now I'm scared: I gave paras higher values too, and gave the Marine a "divisional artillery" rating of 8/1/1, moves of 2, and blitz.

Also in general though for modern units have given a 1-2 pop cost to build. If I could would invoke required building requirements for units too - key want of mine for some patch or xpack.

Comment

Working...
            X