Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spank Me Firaxis!! Make the game harder!! This game is for pansies!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spank Me Firaxis!! Make the game harder!! This game is for pansies!!

I want them to make this game even harder. I want penalties for any unit moved outside a city by a human player. I want the ai to get all their units for free. I want the ai to get instant kill on any human unit on the board. Only then will the game be challenging.

Sadly, I think these are about the only things that can be effectively done in the Editor.
    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

well the important point is that Firaxis makes the game even harder without any options to turn down any annoying features that make the game tougher. In the future I hope they eliminate all difficulty levels except Diety.

Because we deserve to be spanked by the AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

That's why I play Hard/Deity/Nightmare/Director's Cut in some of my games.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

That's why I play Hard/Deity/Nightmare/Director's Cut in some of my games.
          Nightmare-level Doom. *shudder* The memories still give me the willies.
          Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            well the important point is that Firaxis makes the game even harder without any options to turn down any annoying features that make the game tougher. In the future I hope they eliminate all difficulty levels except Diety.

It's almost like jimmytrick never left!
            MOHonor - PJP

"Better ingredients make a better pizza" - Papa John

Comment

Well, if you don't think the game is enough of a challenge then go make a few changes in the editor to make it more of a challenge (give AI great advantages). I'll even give you a few suggestions to help you out.

*Add a "perfect" government that becomes available at the very beginning of the game. Trust me, there are many ways to make an unbelievably great gov. In order for this to become apart of the challenge you can never change to this gov.

*Make all UUs available to every Civ except one (use this Civ when you play the game and when you give only one Civ a disadvantage through the editor) and make the inferior unit type is only availabe only to that Civ.

*Increase the cost of all of the units only you can build by a multiple of 3.

*Increase the AI bonuses in the difficulty level tab.

*Give all Civs except "your civ" all 6 specific traits and don't give your civ any special traits.

You should get the idea by now, and hopefully these ideas will make the game a lot more of a challenge for you. Even though, this is not the more fun way to make the game harder it still works. The more fun way would be to have a more efficient AI and a more balanced game (no more "cheap" strategies available to do).
              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Really? I eat those edits for breakfest!

Actually, I'll give those a try. But I bet Dissident has already done every edit known to God in order to make the AI more challenging.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                X