want help making roman scenario w alexander units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want help making roman scenario w alexander units

I'm interested in making a scenario based on rome vs germans and barbarians.
    How do I insert new units into the game?

Does anyone have the units that are from the alexander scenario (alexander, the modified warrior, etc.) that i could use to incorporate into my scenario
    thanks

Have you got a copy of Hexagonia's pdf guide to modding? That has a great section on inserting new units and can be found here http://www.geocities.com/hexagonia/ctp2.

Will be interested in how you get on. As I want to insert some units in my scenarios eventually and don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Tigs.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Comment

go to the Alex game folder in there is a file called units and newsprites. cut them up put them in you folder and bobs your uncle you have all the Alex units in the ctp map editor with no hassle
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Big Mc - am I right in thinking that the ctp1 sprites are also available?

Comment

Big Mc,
          It's a little bit more complicated than that (gl_str.txt, uniticon.txt, etc) but that is indeed what it comes down too. In any case, if you want to create scenarios, hex's guide is an invaluable resource so you'll want to read that anyway.

Tigger,
          Yes, the sprite folder (ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites IIRC) contains all Activision sprites for CtP1 and CtP2.
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Ok, I think I'm right in thinking that you can find them in..\ctp2_data\default\graphics\sprites.

However I notice from the list in the modification section of the apolyton site that many of the CTP1 sprites sound like they are similar to CTP2 ones. Is there any difference between say a CTP1 samurai and a CTP2 samurai?

Comment

No, in many cases the units are indeed identical. I think I at some point made a screenshots of all CtP1 sprites that aren't in CtP2, I'll see if I can find that back for you. Otherwise it's just a matter of trying them all out...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Just watch out for missing GL and selection pictures. EG. I'm using the subneural ad for propeganda in my MOD, but don't have the pictures files.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                  Just watch out for missing GL and selection pictures. EG. I'm using the subneural ad for propeganda in my MOD, but don't have the pictures files.
                  Martin attached some pictures from CTP1 that i could use.
                  Yet the whole pack that he gave me had only big pictures (for the GL) and medium pictures (for example the unit tab).
                  But it had no small pics (for the army manager and the Military status). So i had to use existent ones (like the CTP2 corp branch for the subneural ad, not even close accurate though). Maybe someone with paintshop or similar could shrink them (if not too distorced) and attach here. this is goig to be a great help.

PS: paint the background from black to orang is going to be great.

PS2: This problem only happens to future/space units. Wes and the Apolyton Database has the early units.

PS3: Please i really wish the pictures. You can find the file martin attached me in tha thread: I need some CTP1 tgas. You will find it in page two or three.
                  "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                  Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                  Kill all and you are a God!"
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

You can find these the techs and unit pictures in the database, too. But I think you have CTP1 so you would be able to extract all the pictures you need from the CTP1 *.zfs file via zfsread. OK my *.zip files offer the unit backgrounds in addition.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

In the Database you can find tgas to all unit but not the future ones like the Phantom, Star Cruiser, Wormhole Probe, Subneural Ad, Eco-Ranger, Space Bomber and some others.

Still in the CTP1 files Martin gave me what he had and there was no small pictures that should size less then 1 KB each. He only gave me Medium (2KB), Big (37 KB) pictures and a bunch of unuseful pictures with various sizes but not the so wanted small pictures.

To check take a look at this Thread

Anyway if anyone find me small CTP1 pictures, specially to the Star Cruiser, Subneural Ad and Eco-ranger please attach to me.

Dale you could use the CTP1 Eco-Ranger as a Hippie Van Unit to your mod.
                      No War, Love and Peace. V
                      Last edited by Pedrunn; February 26, 2002, 18:42.
                      -Jean Rostand

Comment

If you need subneural ads pics/sprites, it number 56.

Check newsprites.txt for the numbers if you need it, or spriteid.txt from C:CTP. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                          If you need subneural ads pics/sprites, it number 56.

Check newsprites.txt for the numbers if you need it, or spriteid.txt from C:CTP. Hope this helps.
                          56 Indeed. I just need the small pic.
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Can 2 different units share the same images?

FE say the French cannon is better than everyone elses. I want to restrict the French to beig the only civ to build french cannon (like the elephant unit in the Alexander scenario) but I want to use the same image (unlike the alexander scenario). Logic says this should be ok but since when did logic come into it!

Comment

Originally posted by tigger
                              Can 2 different units share the same images?

FE say the French cannon is better than everyone elses. I want to restrict the French to beig the only civ to build french cannon (like the elephant unit in the Alexander scenario) but I want to use the same image (unlike the alexander scenario). Logic says this should be ok but since when did logic come into it!
                              Just open the file uniticon.txt find the line you wrote to in its data in the unit.txt.
                              EX: UNIT_ICON_SAMURAI for the Samurai

there you will find the spaces to choose wich picture you~ll will use. The ones finishing with a L (UPUP006L.tga) stand for Large icons (for the GL), The ones finishing with a B (UPUP006B.tga) stands for Medium icons (for the Unit Tab and Scenario Editor) and the ones finishing with a A (UPUP006A.tga) stands for Small pictures (for the Unit Manager and the Army Manager) .

Just write the regular cannons pics names into the French Cannon Uniticon entry in the right places. And Voi a la.

Obs: The graphics for every unit besides the spites uses also 3 pics.
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                              X