X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage!

Civ3 arrgghhh!

A few rants about Civ3 (bear with me)

1. The starting locations of civs is utter pants! Regardless of whether the culterally linked starting locations is turned on or not why the hell do I always end up boxed in by another civ! It makes little difference if I'm playing in islands or continents or how many civs I choose, I always end up seeing that hated little border after I've sent a warrior only a few squares! Arrghhh. This even occurs when I'm up against only one other civ. WITH ALL THE WORLD TO CHOOSE FROM WHY DOES THE STUPID COMPUTER PUT A CIV RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!

Re: Rage!

Originally posted by stevenjbrown
    Civ3 arrgghhh!

A few rants about Civ3 (bear with me)

1. The starting locations of civs is utter pants! Regardless of whether the culterally linked starting locations is turned on or not why the hell do I always end up boxed in by another civ! It makes little difference if I'm playing in islands or continents or how many civs I choose, I always end up seeing that hated little border after I've sent a warrior only a few squares! Arrghhh. This even occurs when I'm up against only one other civ. WITH ALL THE WORLD TO CHOOSE FROM WHY DOES THE STUPID COMPUTER PUT A CIV RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!!
    Now now newbie, calm down....All you have to do is go in the editor and change the preferable distance between each starting civ. If you want he'll be far far away. That's all.
    If you diss about something you dont know, it makes you look foolish. Just casualy ask next time, it's less irritating.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

newbie? ha!

The point is I shouldn't have to do that. Think I'll design my own game.

Oh and btw you can use nukes to destroy ships with no pollution occuring!

teehee

Comment

Nukes are so expensive, and you use them on ships!?!?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

newbie? ha!

The point is I shouldn't have to do that. Think I'll design my own game.
          Yes you should, that's what makes the game fun, mutiple possibilities. You know some ppl like starting close to other civs, like me.

Oh and btw you can use nukes to destroy ships with no pollution occuring!

teehee

I rest my case....
          Last edited by Spec; February 20, 2002, 14:40.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I would suggest that you edit your first post steven, since this thread is the one with responses!

And I for one is very tired of all this ranting all over the place... Earlier it was much more fun to post and read here!
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
              I would suggest that you edit your first post steven, since this thread is the one with responses!
              Nahhh... I'll just close this "short" version and direct people to the thread where he actually had more than one point

Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X