Cultural Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cultural Victory

I read once that if you get a city to 20k in culture points.. u win... is that right? It seems so in a game I just played.

That's right jr., if you either get 20k in one city or 100k for your whole civ then you get a cultural win. That's why I turn it off, too easy.....

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
      or 100k for your whole civ then you get a cultural win.
      Glendar: Spec is right, although for the 100k cultural win your culture must also be at least twice as strong as your closest competitor.

Comment

weak win?

Ok.. so is it consider a weak way to win then?

Comment

Re: weak win?

Originally posted by Glendar
          Ok.. so is it consider a weak way to win then?
          I actually enjoy the cultural win . . . but I think its a matter of preference. I prefer the builder sort of game as opposed to the warmonger game.

Regardless of your individual preference, I think you'll find that this type of win will be especially challenging to achieve at higher levels of difficulty (above Regent, say).

Comment

Re: Re: weak win?

Originally posted by KithrupFugitive

Regardless of your individual preference, I think you'll find that this type of win will be especially challenging to achieve at higher levels of difficulty (above Regent, say).
            I agree, cuz the higher the level, the higher the culture bonus is for the AI.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I agree with Spec.
              "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

The real unbalanced choice here is the 100k which is too easy next to the one-city 20k which is just moderatly challenging to achieve. You can even achieve no less than 250k+ cult points on huge maps WITHOUT achieving the cult victory if you let the strongest AI having more than 50 % of your cult total, and at the same time at Monarch my strongest city barely reach 12-15k at the end.
                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
                  I agree with Spec.
                  You do? I mean, you had to but....I didn't see that one comin...

Just playin with you Lib.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                  X