mod cross-reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod cross-reference

is there any kind of cross reference posted as to what mods work together? I am just asking because I've already made a mess of my CTP installation after loading mods (thought they were compatible) and getting all kinds of errors about things not existing.
    Diplomacy my arse! I'm going out to kill something!

You should use modswapper. Most mods aren't compatible but they can be used next to each other. Using modswapper you can easily switch between mods (and all filenames of the modswapper-compatible mods (Apolyton, Cradle, MedMod, Goodmod, etc) are chosing such that no other files are overwritten...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Oh yeah, speaking of MODS I forgot to mention that I'm bagging

WAW_

for my new World at War MOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        You should use modswapper. Most mods aren't compatible but they can be used next to each other. Using modswapper you can easily switch between mods (and all filenames of the modswapper-compatible mods (Apolyton, Cradle, MedMod, Goodmod, etc) are chosing such that no other files are overwritten...
        W e l l . . . .

*almost* no files are overwritten. Each mod I've installed generates one or two "Overwrite y/n?" prompts. No problems from these that I've seen, though.
        "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

Originally posted by Hermann the Lombard
          W e l l . . . .

*almost* no files are overwritten. Each mod I've installed generates one or two "Overwrite y/n?" prompts. No problems from these that I've seen, though.
          Most likely, the overwrites are the sprite, sound and graphic files - there is some crossover between all of the Mods with these files. (The modders all tried to stay standardized with these files though, so you should not be getting a Longship sprite appearing for a Legion in any of your games - still, if this is happening, let us know)

My guess is that there should not be any conflict with the txt files because of the prefix setup required by Modswapper (CRA_, MM_, APOL_) prevents an overwrite from occuring.
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
          X