Corporations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corporations

In the beginning, governments did do most of the building. But now, most of the buildings are built by corporations. If you get "Banking" you might get techs which might ask for your premission to use some shields to build banks. With a tech "commerce," you may be able to charge taxes to them. Corporations may be competition, so in a city you could have research labs from company A, company B and the government. But if a tech is discovered at a lab, it will probably spread to other civs (international corps.) What I mean to say is that corporations, which can only exist after certain techs, would act like seperate civs. They would have a headquarters somewhere, and they might spread along the roads to other cities where they will build there building, and, with trade routes (which should also not be built by you in modern times), they might spread to other civs. They would pay taxes, generate money, stimulate growth and research techs. Also, you could set up government owned corps.

Governments might pay corps. to use the techs or to ask them to research the tech. Or, you could just deny them a patent or make a bargain with them (patent for the tech)

Also, corporations, would be plentiful in democracy and republic, not existant in communist and dictatorship, and very little under monarchy. (Dictatorship-new government)

Comment

DOUBLE POST
      [This message has been edited by Jer8m8 (edited December 10, 2000).]

Comment

sorry-didn't mean to post twice

Comment

Just edit one of your posts to delete the double post by saying (DOUBLE POST), thus you take up less room on the Board and it makes for faster load times.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

thanks

Comment

This hears like a good idea, but what if the cooperations patents the tech, like some tries to do with for example genetics? Will the civs have to pay some money to use the technologies?

------------------
              Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Yes!!
              birteaw@online.no
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I can tell you guys are new to this site, corporations, bussnesses, etc., have been discussed quite a bit already, look up the old threads.

Comment

I know they have been discussed in the List vs. 1 but I think my ideas are slightly different and that not everyone has read it in the list

Comment

I'm not just talking about the list, There are at least 5 different threads on this.

p.s. I made one myself, and Your ideas are exactly like I suggested a while ago.
                    [This message has been edited by Diablo, Bro. of Mephisto (edited December 11, 2000).]

Comment

Well, then I have to apologize

Comment

I don't necessarily remember any threads by you Diablo;

But please, if he wants to start a new thread, let him; There may be new ideas discussed- If you must say you started a thread, please attempt to link to it or give its name out of courtesy.
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Thank You

Comment

Working...
                          X